Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guidelines for Post Signatures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Hi folks. Based on feedback from the moderators and other members, we've come up with some guidelines for post signatures. We appreciate and encourage the personalization that signatures provide. However, we'd like to make sure they don't detract from the core experience of the forum by being distracting, spammy, or taking up too much space.

So here are some guidelines the mods came up with.

You signature may include:

1. up to three lines of text
  2. fonts up to size 2
  3. information about you, your vehicle(s), or any other relevant information that is devoid of solicitations

Your signature may not include:

1. obnoxious font colors
  2. images or animations
  3. unapproved advertising messages
  4. links to commercial or competing websites
  5. e-mail address or phone numbers

Probably most member signatures are already in compliance with these guidelines. We'll give a few weeks grace period for those that aren't. When in doubt ask me or one of the mods. :)

Hi folks. Based on feedback from the moderators and other members, we've come up with some guidelines for post signatures. We appreciate and encourage the personalization that signatures provide. However, we'd like to make sure they don't detract from the core experience of the forum by being distracting, spammy, or taking up too much space.

So here are some guidelines the mods came up with.

You signature may include:

1. up to three lines of text
  2. fonts up to size 2
  3. information about you, your vehicle(s), or any other relevant information that is devoid of solicitations

1. obnoxious font colors
  2. images or animations
  3. unapproved advertising messages
  4. links to commercial or competing websites
  5. e-mail address or phone numbers

Probably most member signatures are already in compliance with these guidelines. We'll give a few weeks grace period for those that aren't. When in doubt ask me or one of the mods. :)
Doug,
Does this apply to my signature as it is now? This is just identifying our local club. We do not compete with TMC.
The purpose of TeslaOwners is to allow local chapters to communicate privately with our own members, schedule meetings and share minutes and pics of meetings and events.

What is considered an "obnoxious" font color? Do you mean any color at all, or just certain shades of pink? :)

i have color in my sig, but just to communicate the color of my car and interior, and the font size is very tiny. Can't imagine how it would detract from this forum.

So does my root beer blog count as commercial or competing?

You're good. Competing as in competing to try and pull members to your on Tesla related forum or blog.

- - - Updated - - -

Doug,
Does this apply to my signature as it is now? This is just identifying our local club. We do not compete with TMC.
The purpose of TeslaOwners is to allow local chapters to communicate privately with our own members, schedule meetings and share minutes and pics of meetings and events.

It does. You can still have a link to your club

Not clear. We have to remove the logo but can have a link?

- - - Updated - - -

Brian, what am I missing here? Not sure what you are referring to.

In your case, you need to remove the logo and then use standard size fonts on your hyperlink.

Your signature also includes several return spaces (unless it's being caused by the graphic) and this is what Brian is referring to. It appears to the rest of us like this:

Untitled.jpg

Probably unbeknownst to you, but even a short one of your posts takes up almost the entire screen on my iPhone.

You're good. Competing as in competing to try and pull members to your on Tesla related forum or blog.

- - - Updated - - -

It does. You can still have a link to your club

Not clear. We have to remove the logo but can have a link?

- - - Updated - - -

My interpretation is that you must remove your logo. You can have a link to your club page here on TMC, but can't have a link to a commercial or competing website.

Larry

What is considered an "obnoxious" font color? Do you mean any color at all, or just certain shades of pink? :)
Obnoxious is deliberately a judgement call. I'd pass your use of color, particularly since you didn't go nuts with font sizes or change colors mid word. I don't want to single anyone out, but I think we've all probably seen an example of poor use of color in a sig.:wink:

Obnoxious is deliberately a judgement call. I'd pass your use of color, particularly since you didn't go nuts with font sizes or change colors mid word. I don't want to single anyone out, but I think we've all probably seen an example of poor use of color in a sig.:wink:
I'm fine being the test case. Should I change the first line of mine?

- - - Updated - - -

• e-mail address
Can you elaborate on why this is no longer acceptable? Some people prefer to have private discussions via e-mail rather than PMs.

Thanks.

My interpretation is that you must remove your logo. You can have a link to your club page here on TMC, but can't have a link to a commercial or competing website.

Larry
A commercial or competing site? You guys just don't get it.
No one is going to stop visiting TMC with it's wealth of knowledge.
I certainly won't. My contribution as a Founder for TESLIVE surely indicates that.
TeslaOwners is just that. A site for a local club to help stay organized.
There are no forums, it is not a commercial site which I interpret to be someone trying to solicit business for profit.
What is everyone afraid of?
I will find out why there is a all the white space, I apologize for that.
Why can't everyone put there egos aside and work together?
We all want to promote the brand, we're all enthusiasts and want to help each other.