Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is hard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed 9/9. Got my electrician to install 2 of the 14-50 outlets in my garage. One on either wall for flexibility. Now what?!

Wait, go through the roller coaster ride of reading threads here that make you happy or mad, wait some more, wonder why it's taking so long, wait some more, then bam before you know it car will be on a carrier to WA.

Now we hurry up and wait.... I guess I better get the electrician over here too.

Uh yes, that would be a good thing :biggrin:

Wait, go through the roller coaster ride of reading threads here that make you happy or mad, wait some more, wonder why it's taking so long, wait some more, then bam before you know it car will be on a carrier to WA.

Your absolutely right Texex91. at least you have answers to your status! I confirmed 9/3 and have sent a few emails to find out the status and I still haven't heard from anyone! Argh! The wait is torturous! The funny thing is that you start seeing all the delivered owners dropping off of the forums as soon as they get behind the wheel! Welcome to the club!

Your absolutely right Texex91. at least you have answers to your status! I confirmed 9/3 and have sent a few emails to find out the status and I still haven't heard from anyone! Argh! The wait is torturous! The funny thing is that you start seeing all the delivered owners dropping off of the forums as soon as they get behind the wheel! Welcome to the club!

Call Sales--forget emails. Talk with someone who can give you answers. Email is nice, but for this sort of transaction, get on the phone (at least if you don't want to go too crazy). I emailed a few times, but 80% of my communications were via phone--instant gratification (or frustration).

Just a suggestion--it won't be long now though.

Aaaargh! just got off the phone. Their estimated entry into the assembly line is Oct 7; Completed October 11; ships out the 12th; 7-10 days transit. estimated delivery oct 21! almost 2 months! I guess their really pushing out the +s. Does anyone have the number to a cryopreserve facility?

Aaaargh! just got off the phone. Their estimated entry into the assembly line is Oct 7; Completed October 11; ships out the 12th; 7-10 days transit. estimated delivery oct 21! almost 2 months! I guess their really pushing out the +s. Does anyone have the number to a cryopreserve facility?

Assembly the 7th--wow! I think they must be cranking the European deliveries again, and US will have longer wait times. OUCH! BTW, it won't take 7-10 days to FL. Maybe 4.

Here--look at this and meditate:

Captureno_zpsb58b1b75.png

I confirmed mine a day before you did. They've been telling me late October from the beginning. A friend of mine on another forum is having theirs delivered this Saturday a full week early, so you never know...

We don't all drop off the map... I even have this forum saved in my favorites in my car (for those non-moving traffic jams, of course)

I clearly recall the torture... I slept little, read a lot of threads, watched a lot of videos, looked at every picture other owners posted, etc. I think my family was about to hold some kind of intervention. Why do we love seeing pictures? Funny, we know what the car looks like... but I still love pics!

So, hoping you are the same, here is my favorite pic of my car... first week and the day I polished it with Zaino. I think it looks like Predator trying to blend in:
20130510_131805-1.jpg

If there's a better looking car on the planet, I sure don't know what it would be. God I love these things... I wish mine would get here!!!!
Well I love my MS and think it's amazingly beautiful, but if money were no object I'd also have pics of my Bugatti Veyron to post. The sad part is, I'd only want to look at it after driving my Tesla!

- - - Updated - - -

Btrflyl8 that is one beautiful car. Nice work on the polishing.
Thanks! Totally worth all the work, but polish is way easier to apply than wax!

Well I love my MS and think it's amazingly beautiful, but if money were no object I'd also have pics of my Bugatti Veyron to post. The sad part is, I'd only want to look at it after driving my Tesla!

For me, I couldn't drive a car like a Bugatti (or a Ferrari or Lamborghini). It just wouldn't fit me and I'd feel like I was "showing off". But the Tesla... Fits me to a "T". It's just the right balance of luxury and sport. Add to that it's green and you've given me enormous added incentive to drive a $100k car. It's the perfect storm. ;)

Last edited:
For me, I couldn't drive a car like a Bugatti (or a Ferrari or Lamborghini). It just wouldn't fit me and I'd feel like I was "showing off". But the Tesla... Fits me to a "T". It's just the right balance of luxury and sport. Add to that it's green and you've given me the perfect excuse to drive a $100k car. It's the perfect storm. ;)
Totally get what you're saying. But for me, I could choke back my humility to put my butt in the seat of a Bugatti. Parking it in front of my small, modest house would be ridiculous, though! Even the Tesla is too good for my driveway, lol.

As a shareholder and future owner (No, I will not admit how many times per week I configure my fantasy car!), I enjoy reading the excitement on this thread. You'd think the men and women here were expecting their first baby. Expectant, soon-to-be-proud parents. And the other Tesla parents are nearby, telling us the grin only gets bigger over time. :smile:

Wouldn't know since I don't have kids (which is partly how I was able to buy my MS, lol), but I can imagine it is a similar feeling. Here are a few interior pics of my "baby" to help those waiting to kill some time!
IMG_20130904_074004.jpg
20130907_184938.jpeg
IMG_20130904_074053.jpg
IMG_20130904_062812.jpg

And for fun, here's Charlie, my Laser Cat
IMG_20130820_082659.jpg