Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - The iPhone of Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know Tesla's marketing plan? I am from the Philadelphia Metro Area. George Blankenship knows how to save companies, I am excited to see them takeover the market!

Didn't know Tesla needed saving.

George is great on the retail front, there are a multitude of moving parts outside of retail.

Marketing plan--sell a **it load of cars ASAP and dominate the EV market space.

iPhone was made by a dinosaur of a tech company that had long since been established in the industry. I'd say Tesla is more like the Google/Android of cars in that they're the new kid on the block that came out of nowhere to position themselves in the #1 spot in their respective sectors.

Disagree. Apple was no dinosaur, and wasn't in the industry (cell phones) but transformed it with the iPhone. Established players pooh-poohed it as too expensive, lacking keyboard, etc. - see famous Balmer interview video where he disses iPhone and talks about Microsofts phone and Zune.

Google has done an impressive move with Android, but it's fundamentally a copy of the iPhone. They've created a powerful platform model, but they didn't transform the industry like apple did.

I do think Tesla and Apple are kindred spirits. Tesla's interface designers and hardware design certainly have the same Apple polish and minimalist esthetic.

Tesla can also be a bit authoritarian -- witness the recent price increases or the "if you want the $500 parking sensors you must reprice the whole vehicle at the new prices" policy, as well as the high (and rising) prices of accessories or optional items (see the recent jump in winter tire prices, $150 cup holders).

They are also making the established players rethink their game, just like Apple.

Given they are kindred spirits, I wouldn't mind seeing some collaboration. I do wish that Tesla will integrate "iOS in the car" to allow ios apps to appear and be used on the touch screen!