Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glare Professional Polish on black P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took some time to detail the exterior of my car this wkd.

Normal wash w\ maxisuds.
Washed again with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine.
Clay bar'd it using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine as the lubricant.
First coat of Glare Professional Polish applied with Orange Lake Country 5.5" pad and Griot's Garage 6" Random Oribital set to lowest speed and applied some pressure.
Second coat of Glare applied with White pad and medium speed on the orbital.
Third coat of Glare applied with black pad and high speed on the orbital.

(and btw, the one picture where it looks like there is dirt on the hood - that's not dirt on the hood. that's dirt on the sheet rock on the wall that's being reflected onto the hood, LOL.)

Results:
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

Looks phenomenal!

OP, how are you feeling about the P85 rolling on 19's?

I have a Signature P85 that I ordered with 19s even though as a Signature customer, I had paid the premium for the 21s. I'm really glad I did because I think the ride is smoother and quieter. I had a P85+ as a loaner for my first annual service, and could not believe how much smoother and quieter the ride was on my own car when I got it back. I love my 19s even though I loved the look of the 21s.

Resurrecting an old thread here but was wondering if anyone else has tried Glare? Would you use it again? I noticed you can get it on Amazon now for 25.99 and free shipping.

Amazon.com: Pro Honda Honda Glare Profesional Polish 12oz 08731-GLR-001: Automotive
I have not, but im not a fan of greasy, shiny gels or oils for the tire. I could point out cases where they lessened the life of the vehicle, but to be fair it's a "i know a guy who.." type of argument.

If you want black, new looking tires without the oily residue left over, look for sprays that are in a can and shoot out a foam. You dont have to wipe it off afterwords which makes it easier to apply. Been using different brands (Meguirar's, Armor All, etc) for years