Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Service Center Visits Have You Made?

How Many Visits to Service Center?

• None

Votes: 28 30.4%

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • 2-3

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Greater than 3

Votes: 25 27.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there seems to be some 'quality' questions going around on newer Model S coming out of Fremont.

This poll is for only those who have taken possession of a new Model S (any flavor) in the past 4 months.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU VISITED THE SERVICE CENTER SINCE YOU FIRST TOOK DELIVERY FOR SERVICE/QUALITY RELATED ISSUES?

(Strictly quality or service related issues--things that are wrong with the car)

Last edited:
Probably should add 1) the reason, and 2) over what time period.

If someone makes 5 visits in the first six months for problems with the car, that's one thing. But if they make 5 visits over one year because they decided to pick up diff optional things, that's another.

Make sense? Otherwise you end up with a poll that could be ridiculously skewed & I'm sure that's not what you want.

Probably should add 1) the reason, and 2) over what time period.

If someone makes 5 visits in the first six months for problems with the car, that's one thing. But if they make 5 visits over one year because they decided to pick up diff optional things, that's another.

Make sense? Otherwise you end up with a poll that could be ridiculously skewed & I'm sure that's not what you want.

No it's a simple poll. Don't care why they took it in (this is for issues with car obviously--not picking up something), question is simple.

If you are a new owner how many times have you been in?

No it's a simple poll. Don't care why they took it in (this is for issues with car obviously--not picking up something), question is simple.

If you are a new owner how many times have you been in?

You don't care why? I thought you were trying to determine if there were quality issues? So if they visited a service center (your wording) to get tires swapped out, you don't care?

Super fair!

Tex. You may want to start over and do a public poll. Easier to get honest answers that way and avoid trolls. ;)

ETA: I'd also rephrase the question to say "New Owners: Have you had any problems that required a trip to the Service Center?"

Last edited:
The Rangers drove 160 miles round trip to install a cubby shelf in my car since it wasn't created by the time I got my car and also updated the rain sensor since a new one was out as well. Should that count as a service visit and a quality issue? These kinds of polls are impossible to get any reliable data (positive towards Tesla or negative).

I'm there about once a week.
This is for two reasons:
1) I enjoy catching up on what is going on and giving feedback to them about events I have shown the Model S at.
2) they have not yet taken outa restraining order against me:scared:

I'm there about once a week.
This is for two reasons:
1) I enjoy catching up on what is going on and giving feedback to them about events I have shown the Model S at.
2) they have not yet taken outa restraining order against me:scared:

As I clearly state--poll is for service, not grabbing a cup of coffee.

However, I'm glad your service center has time to catch up that much.

Glad you are enjoying your car and have never had it in since delivery for any service issues.

As I clearly state--poll is for service, not grabbing a cup of coffee.

However, I'm glad your service center has time to catch up that much.

Glad you are enjoying your car and have never had it in since delivery for any service issues.

Ok,ok so I should have said "most of the time".

I have been there to pick up floor mats as well and for actual service issues (alignment once for example).

So your comment asking for service only doesn't fit with your comment about not caring why people are in for service.

My service center also has someone who's job is marketing and sales (we have no store yet in our area) so I spend a lot of time talking to her as well.

However, regardless of if I am talking to the service manager, one of the techs, concierge, or marketing and sales, I do not take time away from other customers. Please don't insinuate that I do, or that the employees let me do so.

Interesting poll idea, though I can't answer (I took delivery too long ago). But please bear in mind, polling this site (or, for that matter, the Tesla forums) is NOT scientific. No offense intended to my fellow enthusiasts. . . . :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I'm kinda curious (despite the non-scientificness of the poll) how this would compare with folks who picked up their car over 4 months ago. (I'm not sure why the four-month cut-off; why not five, or three?)

At delivery @ Fremont--drove over from delivery center to SC to have tire pressures checked (they were off) and nose cone removed to install FastTrak transponder plus also swapped out the rear license plate lamps at that time from incandescent to LED (...I borrowed a screwdriver).

At about 2000 miles back to Fremont for a realignment/alignment check (steering wheel off center, alignment OK), tire rotation (my request), TSB for rear window regulator clips, TSB/fix for TPMS receiver/antenna, fix for fogging under rear backup light trim, fix for misaligned chrome trim behind right rear door.

Scheduled this Fri. 9/20 @ San Rafael for fog light installation (I was one of those who ordered thinking they were in my build but they got dropped without a lot of notice). Nothing else of substance (I will check on any need for TSB on 12V, seat belts, steering click, bushings/lug nuts--but no issues), but will ask for a tire rotation again.

Last edited:
Red was an awesome choice! Did you mean to say that you went to a service center or a Tesla store/gallery to see the car colors?

The Tesla store/gallery at the Topanga Mall never had the colors I was considering inside & the test drive cars are parked in a dark section of the parking structure, so I went to the Van Nuys service center, at the time the SC wasn't officially open yet & servicing hadn't started, just deliveries, so when I arrived I asked for permission to peak at the colors & promised I wouldn't touch anything...the employees understood my predicament & allowed me some time to process my choices, Van Nuys SC is fully open now & pretty busy so browsing isn't possible.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I'm kinda curious (despite the non-scientificness of the poll) how this would compare with folks who picked up their car over 4 months ago. (I'm not sure why the four-month cut-off; why not five, or three?)

Fair question kendall.

The reason is to see if the factory as of late (probably could have gone 90 days), is putting out any better (or worse) quality control. I had to pick a slot for newer cars, as the early ones had noted issues.

I realize it's not scientific (very few things are), but I am floored by how many people have to go back to the dealer after purchase. Which begs the question, why aren't they catching these things at the factory, which then leads me to wonder if the quality control is really that great in Fremont.

This isn't Tesla negativity--I've paid the $113k admission price, so think I have the right to ask questions.

From my own perspective, I've never had a car go back to the dealer after purchase (at least not within even the first year), curious if most people had there newer (2012 and greater) ICE cars back in the shop so many times and so soon after purchase (Range Rover doesn't count LOL :biggrin:).

Anyways, as you said not scientific, and I'm just as invested (stock holder and $ contributor to this site too) as other owners in seeing this company blow away the competition. Just like any business, there might be room for improvement--in this case QC.

Last edited:
...curious if most people had there newer (2012 and greater) ICE cars back in the shop so many times and so soon after purchase (Range Rover doesn't count LOL :biggrin:).
My 2012 BMW 528i was recalled for a fuel tank pressure switch. And given the passion with which this topic is being debated (both in this and other threads), I have to mention 2 extremely egregious issues I have faced with both BMW and Lexus.

On my 1-day new 2001 BMW 740i, I noticed quite a bit of engine oil leaking. Turns out a 1-inch steel-braided oil feed line from the engine oil filter to the engine was leaking! My service advisor told me that I would have lost the engine if I had not noticed the oil leak. And to add insult to injury, I had to leave the car at the shop for 10 days while the replacement part arrived. And, no, I did not get any loaner car.

On my 1997 Lexus LX450, the entire suspension had to be replaced on all 4 wheels because the car would roll back-and-forth dangerously without attenuation after going over any bump at freeway speeds - the only way to arrest the roll would be to slow down. As you can imagine, this was a downright dangerous situation, and Lexus replaced all the shocks and springs under warranty.