Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2009 Rumors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NEWDL

R#350 R#1323, RWD LR 3, Perf3, 23 X LR (7th Tesla)
Jan 5, 2009
NE OHIO
I have heard rumor that changes are about to be made in terms of 2009 pricing and options. These option changes will effect all those who have not started production.

I wonder what options will be changing?

Radio?
BT unit?

Guess we will wait and see...

I believe this will all come out in the days to come...

Actually the process of announcing a 2009 model or a sport model for that matter, is brilliant.

"Tesla has sold out of their 2008 Roadster. You can order the new improved 2009 model with improved ..."

Only the current owners will feel rooked.

Actually the process of announcing a 2009 model or a sport model for that matter, is brilliant.

"Tesla has sold out of their 2008 Roadster. You can order the new improved 2009 model with improved ..."

Only the current owners will feel rooked.

I just spoke with the Tesla Menlo Park salespeople today. There is no real difference in the base model Roadster between 2008 and 2009. In fact, he said it will likely be the same for a few years and then get a face lift.

The JVC unit will be changing when they run out of their supply. But I understand that they have several hundred.

There are a few extras available as options. But those options are available for 2008 and 2009. Some upcoming examples of options that any 2008 owner can get later...
1) carbon fiber hardtop
2) carbon fiber door sills

I am curious as to what they plan to go to next after the JVC unit. If they already have something in mind, or they are still evaluating. I know that here and elsewhere this unit (and the previous contenders) have been a source of a lot of discussion long before the car was delivered.

I've seen price for the CF hardtop given as $5K.

Did they give you a price for the sills?

No, I didn't get that far. I doubt it is more than a few hundred dollars. They were not significant in weight or design. But they do look good covering the door sill instead of plastic.

When you go down there, test drive the Glacier Blue Roadster. It has both versions inside. Driver side normal, passenger side carbon fiber door sill.