Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walnut Creek Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to put the official quote in here: I just received a follow-up email from my service manager in Fremont:

"Thank you for the opportunity to service your Tesla. Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with the experience. I wanted to take the time and let you know that more Service Centers will be opening soon in the bay area to better serve our customers:

Coming Soon: Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Walnut Creek
Now Open: Burlingame and Rocklin

We appreciate you as a Tesla customer. If you have any concerns or questions regarding your recent visit please let me know."

I had valet service drop off a loaner and take my car to San Rafael. Valet service is only available to your closest SC. My friend had his P85 serviced at Fremont and they told him WC would open at end of this year at earliest, so I plan on 2014.

Today's rumor: Tesla has been looking at the old Cook's Collision building at the corner of N. Main Street and Pine Street (next door to Autopia Car Wash...which I use twice a week). This site has been for sale and is being used by Stead Motors to store (excess) MBZ inventory. This is a large building with multiple bays on the Pine Street side. Would need some serious rehab/tune up, paint, landscaping, etc. Apparently some State of CA inspectors/officials were by there earlier this week for some kind of inspection. Even if true, IMHO there is no way this could be made ready by end-December.

I found the City of Walnut Creek Building Permit application for Tesla's WC Service Center, dated 11/8/2013. It does not show up on the city's lists of November permits that are "issued" or "finalized."
Walnut Creek - Biweekly Reports

I emailed the WC contact and asked about the status of the permit application.

JPP nailed it, it is indeed the old Cook's Collision building on Main.

Permit: B131582 Applied: 11/08/2013 Issued:
Address: 2198 N MAIN ST
Valuation: $ 400,000.00 Location:
Description: EXPEDITE- T.I- TESLA AUTO DEALERSHIP & VEHICLE SERVICE CENTER
APPLICANT: MARY RYAN- FOR TESLA MOTORS, PO BOX 3749, , , MISSIONVIEJO, CA, 92690, Lic#:

Last edited:
OK--so any guess on when they will be able to pull the permit? I would bet 2 months work after that--the site is a sorry mess and I bet the interior is worse.
If TM was smart, they would not install any detailing/car wash equipment. Save the square footage, cost and staffing and just use Autopia next door (...maybe I'll e-mail ownership).

I received this reply from the City of Walnut Creek:

"This application was withdrawn by the applicant on 11/26/13." :frown:

I don't know if this means Tesla will modify and resubmit the permit application, or if they are seeking a different location for the WC Service Center?

I found the City of Walnut Creek Building Permit application for Tesla's WC Service Center, dated 11/8/2013. It does not show up on the city's lists of November permits that are "issued" or "finalized."
Walnut Creek - Biweekly Reports

I emailed the WC contact and asked about the status of the permit application.

JPP nailed it, it is indeed the old Cook's Collision building on Main.

Permit: B131582 Applied: 11/08/2013 Issued:
Address: 2198 N MAIN ST
Valuation: $ 400,000.00 Location:
Description: EXPEDITE- T.I- TESLA AUTO DEALERSHIP & VEHICLE SERVICE CENTER
APPLICANT: MARY RYAN- FOR TESLA MOTORS, PO BOX 3749, , , MISSIONVIEJO, CA, 92690, Lic#: