Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing order from S to P after confirming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to even ask and kind of hope the answer is No. But is it possible to change (upgrade) your car config after confirming an order? Waiting for the car to go into production is so hard! I am sure I will be super happy with an S85, its a major upgrade, but the waiting is making me second guess myself.

All you S85 owners tell me how stupid fast the car is to make me feel better!

I hate to even ask and kind of hope the answer is No. But is it possible to change (upgrade) your car config after confirming an order? Waiting for the car to go into production is so hard! I am sure I will be super happy with an S85, its a major upgrade, but the waiting is making me second guess myself.

All you S85 owners tell me how stupid fast the car is to make me feel better!

Call them ASAP this morning and make the change.

I had ordered a regular P and could not sleep knowing I wanted the +, called first thing the next morning and they made the change since it had not started to be built.

You do not want to second guess yourself once you receive the car. The P (or even get +) will make a difference.

There are going be those (S owners) that will say no, and P owners that say yes--go with your gut. Now is the time to make the change and be super happy when you get it.

You will NOT regret getting the P!

The S85 is plenty quick so you won't be disappointed but since you are wanting to upgrade and just confirmed, it might be possible but likely won't be able to change it. I agree, try calling and see what they can do.

AC, don't stress!

There's a good chance you could change it this early. But perhaps you shouldn't. I'm paraphrasing another TMC member's advice: if you're the type of person who would get the "M" version of a BMW without hesitation, then the P85 is for you. If the twin-turbo non-M is your flavor of BMW, then the S85 is for you.

I've got the S85. I'm no longer allowed to punch it unless I give the family advance warning, and they still scream. Best response so far was from a friend as we rocketed up an on-ramp: "F*** you, Crispix!" (he's a bit jealous, you think?)

The fact that you're asking the question says to me you should make the call right now and change to a P. I was sure the S would be all I really needed but haven't we all surpassed 'need' here? I got the P because I wanted the P and knew, as texex said that later on I would always have wondered what the P would have been like.

If it's not going to damage your financial stability, get what you want. None of us are getting any younger!

(Still haven't got the link to add a signature on the posts so P85-MC red-Air-Pano-19"...)

Want to add home charging after confirmation

I confirmed 9/12. got VIN same day XX2964

Grey P85, air, tech, sound system, parking sensors, 19" cyclone, carbon + black interior. Had brain fart over the weekend, why didn't i order the home charging?

So I just emailed the request to add this to my order. Is this the correct process? Can i get this changed. It's only 3 days since confirmation.

I tried to add the twin chargers two weeks after confirming (but before building) and my DS said no. Said they would have to "re-inventory" and start over. She also said I don't need the twin chargers (I can't use the hpwc at my house). There are whole threads discussing the usefulness of twin chargers, with very mixed and strong opinions. If you feel strongly enough, push to make it happen. I didn't want to wait :)

I confirmed 9/12. got VIN same day XX2964

Grey P85, air, tech, sound system, parking sensors, 19" cyclone, carbon + black interior. Had brain fart over the weekend, why didn't i order the home charging?

So I just emailed the request to add this to my order. Is this the correct process? Can i get this changed. It's only 3 days since confirmation.

Call them as well.

Twin charging can be adding after delivery, correct? So if you really find your are needing it down the road have it installed, although it does cost more than getting it with production.

You are correct. You can but it costs $3,600 instead of $1,500 (they make you buy the second charger + HPWC for $2,700 but say they'll accept the HPWC back for the $1,200 but double check that).

So I just emailed the request to add this to my order. Is this the correct process? Can i get this changed. It's only 3 days since confirmation

Well I talked to an Inside Sales Advisor today and learned 2 things:

1. No changes after you hit the confirm button
2. ETA on car delivery is 4-6 weeks