Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Annoying Vertical Pop-up Ads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what I'm seeing. Running an anti-malware scan now.
TMC ad.jpg

Yeah, that's not from TMC. You likely picked up a browser extension that inserts ads.

Go into your Chrome settings and then click Extensions. See if there's anything there you don't recognize.
Yea, that was it...no idea how I picked it up, but it's gone now.

For future reference and searching...
This was the Save-N-Share junk file malware.
As Doug pointed out, in Chrome if you go to settings then extensions you can find and delete it.
But, you're not done there. Next go to your control panel and uninstall the program from your program list. I suspect it could/would reinstall at some point if you neglect that step.

Yea, that was it...no idea how I picked it up, but it's gone now.

For future reference and searching...
This was the Save-N-Share junk file malware.
As Doug pointed out, in Chrome if you go to settings then extensions you can find and delete it.
But, you're not done there. Next go to your control panel and uninstall the program from your program list. I suspect it could/would reinstall at some point if you neglect that step.
Here's the part where someone chimes in to say it's somehow the fault of Internet Explorer.

You have to be really careful when you install programs from the web these days. A lot of times they try to opt you in to these sort of browser extensions. The issue is not unique to any particular browser. Just that I could see you were using Chrome from the screen shot.

You have to be really careful when you install programs from the web these days. A lot of times they try to opt you in to these sort of browser extensions. The issue is not unique to any particular browser. Just that I could see you were using Chrome from the screen shot.
Much more scary was that the screenshot showed he's using AOL mail...

*runs*and*hides*

Much more scary was that the screenshot showed he's using AOL mail...

*runs*and*hides*

yea yea...I've been using AOL since 1997, EVERYONE has that address and despite some clunkiness over the years, they've sustained and it's still pretty reliable. I have a gmail account, and a Yahoo!, and a handful of others that get used for various purposes (ie. work), but this still works as my social/general use email address. I do have backup plans however.

yea yea...I've been using AOL since 1997, EVERYONE has that address and despite some clunkiness over the years, they've sustained and it's still pretty reliable. I have a gmail account, and a Yahoo!, and a handful of others that get used for various purposes (ie. work), but this still works as my social/general use email address. I do have backup plans however.
I used to have a Compu$erve address :)
But I moved to my own domains for family stuff and gmail for where that's useful a LONG time ago.