Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe there will be specifics in a couple of hours when the Tesla press conference at IAA is over...'

A little more fine-grained timing would be good as well. I Suspect the stations will come online one after another and not all at once in "winter 2014".
Btw, "winter 2014" might either mean jan-march or nov-dec. Quite a difference...

Thanks !

Maybe there will be specifics in a couple of hours when the Tesla press conference at IAA is over...'
A little more fine-grained timing would be good as well. I Suspect the stations will come online one after another and not all at once in "winter 2014".
Btw, "winter 2014" might either mean jan-march or nov-dec. Quite a difference...

I would think winter 2013 means between Nov 13-Mar 14 and winter 2014 -> Nov 14-Mar 15. Am I too pessimistic ?

Of course it could be possible but I would like to see it formalized by Tesla (at least 5 Superchargers in Italy please). :smile:

Elon Musk has already said that we will be able to drive through Europe using Superchargers, so that also counts for Italy.

If you look at the winter 2014 map, you can see that you will be able to do a long drive from Amsterdam to Rome, but not further south. That part will very likely be made possible in winter 2015, I think.

Of course it could be possible but I would like to see it formalized by Tesla (at least 5 Superchargers in Italy please). :smile:

If you use the slider under the map you will see than by winter of 2014 several routes in Italy will already be covered.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Rotterdam (Tilburg) - Munich will be next. I'm wondering if there's any specific reason for this.

After Norway most cars are being sold in The Netherlands (by far with over 1000 cars). It makes sense, now that the Norwegians got their Supercharger-network, to first do something for the second important market. Many people travel from The Netherlands to Austria in winter (skiing).

Right Raffy. Was able to see and use the slider earlier today, but not available now. Update in progress ? Anyway, here are the maps :

Tesla_Europe_Winter 2013.jpg
Tesla_Europe_Winter 2014.jpg

Last edited: