Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleepless in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have loved cars since I was a kid and tech since I knew what it was. After owning a Prius, a Hybrid Highlander, a Camry Hybrid and - currently a Chevy Volt - I'm awaiting deliver of an 85kWh Blue Model S with pano/performance leather/obeche gloss/tech/smart air/parking sensor/fog lamp/Ultra hi-fi/ambient lighting.

The Volt is a great car - better than the Toyotas - and my daughter will get it when the Model S arrives.

I enjoy this site and the comments interested parties post here.

My day job: News Director of KIRO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Seattle.

Welcome to the forum. So are you the guy we should ask "tough questions" when/if we see "troubling" reports about the Model S on KIRO? ;)
I have noticed that once a news outlet (or a house of representatives, like in Oregon) has a member who drives a Tesla, the attitude towards EVs in general and Tesla in particular tends to shift...

PS: Welcome Bob - you'll LOVE this car...

Last edited:
Can you do a story on the lack of charging infrastructure in Seattle (a 'green' city) in terms of apartment and condo dwellers? Even the new LEED certified apartments in Seattle have little to no charging in the garages.

Congrats!

Actually, unless it's a breach of conflict of interest, I think your journey to ownership and delivery would make for a cool news item on KIRO. You know, documenting the delivery experience, to your first charging experiences at home, what's its like to own a Tesla (of which I know there are many in Seattle), and even a road trip (come up to Vancouver or go to Portland) with your experience at the Superchargers, plus the car's cargo capacity, etc. It would be worth showing the pros and the cons (eg. the inconvenience of Supercharging -- is it a real issue or not etc).

The biggest issue I see that as an owner, you might be criticized for only showing the plusses -- unfortunately (or fortunately), the Tesla experience is so overwhelmingly positive it's hard not to be an effusive fanboy.

I'm in Vancouver and we get lots of KIRO feeds here so I'll be watching for it....:smile:

Congrats!

Actually, unless it's a breach of conflict of interest, I think your journey to ownership and delivery would make for a cool news item on KIRO. You know, documenting the delivery experience, to your first charging experiences at home, what's its like to own a Tesla (of which I know there are many in Seattle), and even a road trip (come up to Vancouver or go to Portland) with your experience at the Superchargers, plus the car's cargo capacity, etc.
That's a great idea. Come visit one of our PDX meetups, visit Centralia and Woodburn, and make it a story!

Can you do a story on the lack of charging infrastructure in Seattle (a 'green' city) in terms of apartment and condo dwellers? Even the new LEED certified apartments in Seattle have little to no charging in the garages.
Bob, if you decide to do such a story definitely contact dsm for some details. I've heard only some of his travails in dwelling hunting in the Seattle area and he definitely has valuable intel to offer -- especially as a Roadster + Model S owner.

Welcome, Bob. Your daughter is lucky to get the Volt (my son is stuck with a plug-in Prius, which is nowhere near as good) - but you are luckier!

For new Seattle-area Tesla owners, there is a Facebook page HERE, and Google maillist/forums HERE. And hopefully you'll have your car by National Plug In Day on the 28th; you can join the festivities HERE (even if you don't have your car yet! The event is for everybody interested in EVs).

I don't know if there is a link to the club but it's called NW Owners Club. If you go to the North America and then Northwest you can find more info than I'm able to provide. Last month was the first meeting held at the Lake Union Store.