Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for Auto Body Shops (Florida)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it takes this place a total of 6 weeks to do a minor repair, they would never get my business!

I'd agree that 6 weeks is too long. They do seem a bit slow however State Farm haven't helped either and some people say repairs have taken even longer on their MS at other body shops. As the Tesla is all-aluminum it's likely to take longer than the average car.

Gene Perez in Tampa is who Tesla Tampa uses. They focus on premium brand vehicles. Also some lengthy waits there for a significant Tesla repair...

EDIT - Gene Perez is no longer a Tesla certified shop!

Last edited:
I understand Tesla is now using "Dayas" in Orlando, anybody know anything about them?

http://www.dayas.com

As of May of this year, they had never seen a Tesla. Dayas does mostly high end cars so I got a quote from them for my repair. They were more than twice as the quote of two others, including Gene Perez. I didn't get a warm fuzzy and ended up going with Gene Perez in Tampa. Perez does great work. Took too long however, but that was because of Geico. Front office could use some training in customer service/people skills but the work was excellent.
I'm sure Dayas could do good work as well, but they do seem to put too much emphasis on the type of cars they service. I wasn't overly impressed by the facilities either.

As I promised earlier, here's what First Class Auto did. I can recommend them. It looks like nothing had ever happened. Most of the delays were caused by State Farm and that's a whole 'nother story!

Before-after.jpg

Great Experience at Auto Body Shop in West Palm Beach

Thanks for the advice!
You were absolutely right. Russ, Rob and their team at Fantastic Finishes in West Palm Beach did an awesome job.
I could not have been more pleased with their service.
Prompt, courteous and professional at about 1/2 the price of the Tesla approved shop.
You gave me a great recommendation and now I'm very happy to recommend them as well.

Not quite a bodyshop, but Goodyear on Cattlemen Rd in Sarasota did a great job repairing my Roadster rear tire after a disagreement with this:

screw.JPG

The guys had never had a Tesla in before so lots of questions and a few pictures were taken. I needed my car for tomorrow morning so they helped me out while I waited. Nice customer service from Todd and his guys and only cost me $35.

My red P85 is about to take a 2 week vacation at Gene Perez in Tampa (backed into a gate control box in my narrow driveway). They are notoriously slow, but do good work. I'll report back when I eventually get my car back.

nooooooooo!

Yep. Really pissed at myself. Details are in my posts over at the Florida group. Long story short - what I guessed would be a $2000 fix became a $5800 insurance estimate. If you saw the damage, you would not believe the estimate. It's the multicoat red paint and the work necessary to get it blended with the adjoining areas. Now I understand why the insurance on this car is more than it was on my 911.

quoting my wife: "I'm glad you did it and not me....."

(shes' so sweet and she's right!)

Yep. Really pissed at myself. Details are in my posts over at the Florida group. Long story short - what I guessed would be a $2000 fix became a $5800 insurance estimate. If you saw the damage, you would not believe the estimate. It's the multicoat red paint and the work necessary to get it blended with the adjoining areas. Now I understand why the insurance on this car is more than it was on my 911.

quoting my wife: "I'm glad you did it and not me....."

(shes' so sweet and she's right!)
Did you put yourself in timeout?

Man, that stinks. Sorry that happened... going to go read the details now.

And...gasp!... you let your wife drive it? Jim is allowed passenger only status in mine! LOL

Ok. The Gene Perez saga begins. Delivered my car at 8 am today (11/11). They estimated two weeks. My guess is that I won't have it back for a month. They are good, but are really really slow.

i hope I'm wrong re my timing guess..........

Gene Perez in Tampa is who Tesla Tampa uses. They focus on premium brand vehicles. Also some lengthy waits there for a significant Tesla repair...

Update re my car at Gene Perez. I dropped it off Monday AM, and they estimated two weeks. Based upon my prior dealings with them on my 911, I expected 3 weeks to a month. Got a call today with good news and bad news. They told me their part of the work was done, but they had not heard from Tesla re the parts they need. Gene Perez has come through quickly, but Tesla is keeping me from getting my car back! Parts are the rear deck Model S and P85 badges (I don't need them) and the dark grey plastic trim around the lower part of the rear bumper (unfortunately I do need that one).

HEY TESLA - PLEASE GET ME MY PARTS!

I tried calling Mark at the Tampa Service Center to beg for some help on getting the parts. He did not return my two messages.

i am going to be attending some meetings in Sarasota starting Thursday. Several of my friends from around the state were looking forward to seeing my car (i.e. Potential customers). Will he quite ironic if Tesla's inability to deliver somewhat minor parts might cost them some orders.

I tried calling Mark at the Tampa Service Center to beg for some help on getting the parts. He did not return my two messages.

Just call and talk to Kim or Malia; they're great and checking on stuff like this. Just FYI, Mark had ordered a new fan assembly for my Roadster but California put on ground delivery rather than overnight; not his fault and at least I have my car and it's drivable.

Just call and talk to Kim or Malia; they're great and checking on stuff like this. Just FYI, Mark had ordered a new fan assembly for my Roadster but California put on ground delivery rather than overnight; not his fault and at least I have my car and it's drivable.

Thanks Nigel. Turns out I didn't need to make more calls. Got a call from Gene Perez this afternoon. The parts are in and they hope to have my car finished by tomorrow evening. I have to admit this is an unbelievably quick result from Gene Perez, and quite different from most experiences either I or my friends have had with that shop. I'll update after I get the car tomorrow, but assume it is the usual quality work they do, they will have my unqualified endorsement.

Also excited because I'll have the car for my Sarasota trip this Thursday through Sunday. Anyone up for an impromptu meetup, preferably at a Sarasota bar showing the FSU game, on Saturday?

EDIT: I've always wanted to meet this mysterious person labeled "Larry Chanin." Does he truly exist, or is he just a legend........?