Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silicon Valley Tesla Owners Sound Off!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing a TON of Teslas around here. Maybe it's some of you! My name's Barry and I live in the Cupertino Foothills (280 and Foothill Expressway near Apple). I'm not in high tech believe it or not, but most of my friends are. Got a Blue with Tan interior coming at the end of October.

Anyone else on the boards live in good old Silly Cone Valley? Tell us what you bought and where you live! Are you in High Tech or something else? I'm in Real Estate (we own a Mobile Home Park in San Jose). It's time I met some of my Tesla owning neighbors. You obviously have fantastic taste. :wink:

I'm seeing a TON of Teslas around here. Maybe it's some of you! My name's Barry and I live in the Cupertino Foothills (280 and Foothill Expressway near Apple). I'm not in high tech believe it or not, but most of my friends are. Got a Blue with Tan interior coming at the end of October.

Anyone else on the boards live in good old Silly Cone Valley? Tell us what you bought and where you live! Are you in High Tech or something else? I'm in Real Estate (we own a Mobile Home Park in San Jose). It's time I met some of my Tesla owning neighbors. You obviously have fantastic taste. :wink:

Hi Barry,
My name is Peter. Just got my Grey P85 Model S last week and love it! I'm just down the road from you not far from the Cupertino Home Depot. Also in Real Estate - Manage / own apartment buildings in the area.

Welcome Barry! Also, be sure to add yourself to our group here and come to some of our events so you can meet your fellow owners and enthusiasts in person

Silicon Valley (CA Bay Area) Tesla Club - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Here's what we have in the works right now:
Here's an update on what's happening with our group right now:
1) GasDoc is looking into a possible event in Burlingame in September
2) We are still deciding if we are going to meet up at the Plug-in America event (I'm hoping we do)
3) Blsteen and I are starting to plan the Pacific Grove event. Seems like it really will only get a draw if we have the track available to us. That will probably limit our timing, which may push out date to April, May time frame, but we'll keep you informed.
4) Modulus and I are looking into getting a TelaRun of our own up here in Bay Area (probably summer 2014)

Rob from the Santa Cruz area here. Black P85+. Delivery was Aug 29. I love this car. I notice the AC really drains that battery, eh? I leave my garage every morning at 235, and I seem to always be 200 miles at the top of the 17 (Summit), but by the time I hit Los Gatos, I am usually at 205, and stay at 205 until way down the 85 freeway.

Took my son to the last Giants game. We drove up with no AC there, had 177 left when we got there. We drove back with the AC on, and we had 33 when we got home, which was the first time I saw the miles turn yellow.

Thinking about driving down to Orange County next week.

I do see Tesla's on the 17, so I know there are more in Santa Cruz.

Rob from the Santa Cruz area here. Black P85+. Delivery was Aug 29. I love this car. I notice the AC really drains that battery, eh? I leave my garage every morning at 235, and I seem to always be 200 miles at the top of the 17 (Summit), but by the time I hit Los Gatos, I am usually at 205, and stay at 205 until way down the 85 freeway.

Took my son to the last Giants game. We drove up with no AC there, had 177 left when we got there. We drove back with the AC on, and we had 33 when we got home, which was the first time I saw the miles turn yellow.

I do see Tesla's on the 17, so I know there are more in Santa Cruz.

We have a house in Aptos and we go "over the hill" from our home in Cupertino quite often. We are down at the end of Clubhouse drive near the Seascape Gold Course. Any guesses on how many miles I'd need to get there and back? I definitely like my A/C too...

We have a house in Aptos and we go "over the hill" from our home in Cupertino quite often. We are down at the end of Clubhouse drive near the Seascape Gold Course. Any guesses on how many miles I'd need to get there and back? I definitely like my A/C too...

You'll be fine with AC from Cupertino to Aptos and back. I have been driving alot to a client in Redwood City and back, and I leave that AC on almost all the time. Probably has to do with how its driven with the AC on, because I can sure tell you I love to open it up if the situation is right.

I have seen a couple Tesla's here in Seascape, and more than a few at Deluxe market.

If need be, if you were in dire straights, you could cruise by and charge in my garage.

There are a few folks in the area who added their homes on the app called "plugshare," or "recargo"

You'll be fine with AC from Cupertino to Aptos and back. I have been driving alot to a client in Redwood City and back, and I leave that AC on almost all the time. Probably has to do with how its driven with the AC on, because I can sure tell you I love to open it up if the situation is right.

I have seen a couple Tesla's here in Seascape, and more than a few at Deluxe market.

If need be, if you were in dire straights, you could cruise by and charge in my garage.

There are a few folks in the area who added their homes on the app called "plugshare," or "recargo"

Any guesses on how many miles I'd burn? Assuming I have similar driving habits as yours (which it sounds like I do). ;)

I'm in Los Gatos. Pearl White Signature P85 (since upgraded to P+) which had its first birthday two days ago.

We used to have a beach house at the end of Clubhouse as well. Are you in the Seascape Beach Estates? Via Gaviota?

I'm in Los Gatos. Pearl White Signature P85 (since upgraded to P+) which had its first birthday two days ago.

We used to have a beach house at the end of Clubhouse as well. Are you in the Seascape Beach Estates? Via Gaviota?

Congrats on the birthday! Yep. Seascape Beach Estates. We live on Via Concha. Our house sits right on the cliff and you can see it from the Beach. Can't wait to take "Tessa" over the hill. I may in fact, do that very thing today. My son has Soccer Game in Santa Cruz later today.

Last edited:
Hi Guys - Live in Danville and work in Palo Alto. So I'll be using mine for a healthy daily commute.

I bet it's gonna make that commute a lot more enjoyable. Especially if you get the Stereo upgrade. It seriously rocks once you get it dialed in right (turn off Dolby Surround, Turn Bass down by 1 dB, Mid & Treble UP by one dB). How many miles is that commute?

Rob from the Santa Cruz area here... the 17 (Summit), ... the 85 freeway.

I do see Tesla's on the 17...
The 17? The 85? I'm guessing you're not a Bay Area native. We don't put "the" in front of highways up here. It doesn't have the right ring to it either compared to So Cal highways, where they do use that convention.

Sounds ok:
The 10, the 110, the 405, the 210...

Sounds not ok/weird to me:
The 17, the 85, the 87, the 280... Huh?!!?

Someone I met long ago who lives up here but is from LA and is an alum of my alma mater (in So Cal) slips up and often puts "the" in front of our Nor Cal highways. Her coworkers make fun of her slip ups.

The 17? The 85? I'm guessing you're not a Bay Area native. We don't put "the" in front of highways up here. It doesn't have the right ring to it either compared to So Cal highways, where they do use that convention.

Sounds ok:
The 10, the 110, the 405, the 210...

Sounds not ok/weird to me:
The 17, the 85, the 87, the 280... Huh?!!?

Someone I met long ago who lives up here but is from LA and is an alum of my alma mater (in So Cal) slips up and often puts "the" in front of our Nor Cal highways. Her coworkers make fun of her slip ups.

---

Busted! Yea, I am a So Cal native, moved up to the bay area in 2000. Yes, I call out "the 17" as if it were the correct way to speak about a freeway or highway.

Is this the "stone the outsiders" thread? Where can I hide?
Nonono.

It's just the one of the few times I've seen a Bay Area person use "the" so liberally in front of Nor Cal highways. For some reason, the numbers up here (for the most part) don't have the right ring to them prefixed with "the". There are a few that are "ok" but also exist down there (e.g. the 101, the 5).