Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello all - from the Philadelphia suburbs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SamGarber

S85 "Whale Shark"
Sep 5, 2013
Philadelphia
Hello everyone! Been lurking and soaking up all the good information prior to committing on the Tesla S, but now that it is on its way, here I am officially joining up. Thanks all for helping me take the plunge and not only buy a car for the first time (leasing for the last 13 years) but also believe in the technology and community support of it enough to spend $100K!!!

Sam.

85 kWh | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors | Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Body Colored Roof | Air Suspension | HPWC | Ordered 8/22/13 | Confirmed 9/1/13 | Delivery Date pending | #?????

Congrats Sam. You will find that there are a LOT of fellow S owners in the Philly area. I live in West Chester and we now have 3 owners in my development. I'm usually at the Cars & Coffee event held each Saturday at Dilworthtown Crossing shopping center. Also a big group of us that have gotten together in Cherry Hill. PM me for more info.

Congratulations Sam. I live in Los Angeles but grew up in Bucks County, PA. Today is my 1 week mark of owning the S. It is absolutely worth it. Unlike any other car ever made. An absolute joy to drive. You will glide in silence over the PA County roads.

Thanks Brett! I am looking forward to it. Of course I am agonizing over why I didn't order the Pano, and other stuff like Sound Studio, Performance Seats and the "P" or "+", but then I remember how much money I am already paying for it!

Looking for a place but focusing efforts at Center city, Rittenhouse, Society Hill, Queen Anne, University City area. Probably that swath of land due to proximity to work. The trouble in this area is finding apartment complexes/condo rentals for the year while we figure out where we want to live longer term and getting access to electric car charging stations. The charging station would be enough to sway us where we move within reason. Any tips on where to look or know someone in that area that has a tesla and lives in the city?

Congrats Sam. You will find that there are a LOT of fellow S owners in the Philly area. I live in West Chester and we now have 3 owners in my development. I'm usually at the Cars & Coffee event held each Saturday at Dilworthtown Crossing shopping center. Also a big group of us that have gotten together in Cherry Hill. PM me for more info.
I live in West Chester, PA as well and just ordered my Model X. Delivery is around Christmas 2016! Does this get together still happen?