Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When your airbags go off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are pics of the fuse to reset:

The "Pyro" fuse is located on the fuse tray directly over the 12 volt battery in the upper right corner of the Frunk.

In these photos, it's the fuse with the blue square on it. The blue thing is supposed to pop up and you can reset it by pushing it back down.

At least that's what they told me at the service center. Note that the air intake and filter have been removed in this picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378327143.174804.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378327159.657019.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378327173.690125.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378327191.440177.jpg

When your airbags go off...Here are pics of the fuse to reset:

I'm confused. Do you mean after air bags deploy? In which case (like you experienced) resetting a fuse is probably the least of your worries. Or is this to reset the arming fuse in case of electrical fault? In which case the fuse you point out is not in the user area but the "service" access area and probably merits a system check if fuse blows without airbag deployment.

I'm confused. Do you mean after air bags deploy? In which case (like you experienced) resetting a fuse is probably the least of your worries. Or is this to reset the arming fuse in case of electrical fault? In which case the fuse you point out is not in the user area but the "service" access area and probably merits a system check if fuse blows without airbag deployment.

This is a way to restore power to the drivetrain and 12v battery after airbag deployment. In my accident the boron steel bumper support took the brunt of the impact and I was confident that my other systems were intact and functional.

Had I been able to restore power to the drive train by resetting the "pyro fuse", I actually would have been able to drive home from the accident, or at least move my car into a better position for towing and also keep the 12v battery from going dead.

If I had taken these steps, the tow truck driver wouldn't have damaged my battery and my car wouldn't have been totaled.

How was the battery damaged by the tow truck?

After a while, my 12v battery died because it was isolated from the main battery. The accident was at night and the lights quickly drained the 12v.

The car was pointed into some bushes and the parking brake was engaged.

So the tow truck driver, over my objections, hooked onto the rear suspension and dragged the car onto the flatbed--he said it was totaled because the airbags had deployed. I had asked for "skates" (wheel casters) but he said that "nobody has those".

One of the tow hooks must have applied some leverage against the edge of the battery and deformed the rim that holds the bolts. Because the battery is a "non-serviceable item", the quote to repair the car included a new battery and pushed me into "total loss" territory.

If I were to do it again, and I really hope never to, I would chock the tires, put the car in jack/tow mode, turn off electronics and as much lighting as I safely could.

This is a way to restore power to the drivetrain and 12v battery after airbag deployment. In my accident the boron steel bumper support took the brunt of the impact and I was confident that my other systems were intact and functional.

Had I been able to restore power to the drive train by resetting the "pyro fuse", I actually would have been able to drive home from the accident, or at least move my car into a better position for towing and also keep the 12v battery from going dead.

If I had taken these steps, the tow truck driver wouldn't have damaged my battery and my car wouldn't have been totaled.
Your preaching to the choir, I was/am in that same situation, did You figure it out?