Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your favorite song to demo your Model S sound system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rusko - Everyday (Netsky Remix)
Bass: +12, Mid: +6, High: +5 (No Dolby)
Volume: between 8-9

I have it on .flac, right after the 1:06 mark in this video. This is by far the best that I've heard in the MS. I didn't even know the MS's little subwoofer was capable of hitting so deep. Frankly, I'm impressed bc it actually sounds like a 12".

I wish all of my music sounded like that good on it but sadly they don't. Some day I'm going to upgrade the system myself and put two 12" back there. I'm waiting for more people to do this though on the forums so I don't have to "experiment" as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately the Model s is not capable of playing my fav demo song "Crystal Method - High roller" , its a song that you feel more than hear :)
it more or less requires a minimum of 2x 10" subs in a good sealed enclosure (at least 400W RMS), it will only work on ported and band passed enclosures if they are tuned properly.
this song could knock rear view mirrors off windshields.

Uncompressed audiophile albums/songs known as reference music. Anything you like from https://www.hdtracks.com

Personal favorites are: "Does anybody know what time" by Chicago, "Take it to the limit" by Eagles, "Magic Man" by Heart, and "In the air tonight" by Phil Collins.

Tons of great choices. Buy them as either AIFF or FLAC (both are uncompressed) and put in a folder on a (large) USB stick. Amazing way to show off the sound system.

unfortunately the Model s is not capable of playing my fav demo song "Crystal Method - High roller" , its a song that you feel more than hear :)
it more or less requires a minimum of 2x 10" subs in a good sealed enclosure (at least 400W RMS), it will only work on ported and band passed enclosures if they are tuned properly.
this song could knock rear view mirrors off windshields.

Ok, now that's my new favorite. Wow!

I spent hours ripping old CDs to lossless format on USB stick. It sounds terrible . Much worse than slacker etc. so I'm interested in buying some songs on USB already in high quality format since I can't seem to do it right. Any ideas where I can buy already on USB?

I spent hours ripping old CDs to lossless format on USB stick. It sounds terrible . Much worse than slacker etc. so I'm interested in buying some songs on USB already in high quality format since I can't seem to do it right. Any ideas where I can buy already on USB?

You might try simply dragging song files from your CDs directly to the USB stick, without any conversion. I've had good luck with that method. Audio quality is excellent.

Are you sure you ripped them in the correct format? They shouldn't sound worse (in fact should sound better) than mp3s if you've ripped them in the past. What format did you use (FLAC)?