Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To: Retrofit a Model S S85 into a P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order a P off the internet

P85 01.JPG

shave off any excess plastic

P85 02.JPG

apply double sided tape and cut to shape

P85 04.JPG

P85 05.JPG

cleanse the area

P85 06.JPG

test fit

P85 07.JPG

You now have a Performance 85!

P85 08.JPG

Just kidding, my P was falling off so i had to reapply it.

LOL,

I came in here expecting a very technical procedure on how to hack it to be a performance,

:p

I personally think it was very technical, and a very well done upgrade tutorial. Those "P's" add at minimum 10mph to the top speed! Now, he must do a tutorial on painting it Red, because as any one knows, Red Cars automatically go 3mph faster and accelerate faster then the SpaceX Rockets :)

I personally think it was very technical, and a very well done upgrade tutorial. Those "P's" add at minimum 10mph to the top speed! Now, he must do a tutorial on painting it Red, because as any one knows, Red Cars automatically go 3mph faster and accelerate faster then the SpaceX Rockets :)

Wait, I always learned from the "type R" forums that yellow cars were the ones that gain an automatic 15 HP advantage?! What gives?!

In those pictures, it looks as if there's a "bubble" around your badge - just to the inside of the red lines here. The texture appears differently around the badged letters, compared with the rest of the paint.

Untitled.png

Did your car always have this, is this an optical illusion, or is there a texture change where your badge is?

Seriously, or were you just kidding about that part too? If the former, do you have a link?

i think you can get them on Ebay and amazon but im not 100% sure of the font or color, you can definitely get a red R though :)

EDIT: check it out! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...chrome+emblem&_nkw=red+chrome+emblem&_sacat=0

you can upgrade to a 5.3L, 7.3L Type R, Type S, Twin Cam, DOHC, Turbo, AWD

4-5 of these and you can trick out your Model S to the MAX

$(KGrHqNHJDcE9005usyyBPoZ(!m0p!~~60_12.JPG

In those pictures, it looks as if there's a "bubble" around your badge - just to the inside of the red lines here. The texture appears differently around the badged letters, compared with the rest of the paint.

Did your car always have this, is this an optical illusion, or is there a texture change where your badge is?

i had the car wrapped with Xpel ultimate the shop was too scared to remove the badges or take any trim off so they went around all the hard bits. it turned out ok for $3500, other places are charging $5000, $8000, etc so was it worth it? yeah i guess, its the difference between getting wrapped + winter tires or just getting wrapped.

you will notice in the "test fit" picture, you kind of see an orange peel like effect instead of just solid paint, that is the paint protection film (PPF) its UV resistance, self healing, and oleophobic (resistant to finger prints and other oily things)

Last edited: