Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally feel like a real TMC member... Welcome Roadster 40 to its new home.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Hi all. I've spent the last 18 months driving my Active E and earlier on my wife and I decided that we were going to get a Model S for our second EV and this was going to be her vehicle. Living in Southern California as a rEVolutionary and EVangelist has some great advantages. We get access to almost all production EVs here. Renault is the only big manufacturer that I believe doesn't sell in the California (or US) market, so no access to the Fluence, Zoe, or Twizy here.

I love our Active E and would love to buy it.

So. I didn't notice the Tesla CPO program when we were busy with the Model S and looking for the replacement for the Active E.

I write about my experiences on my blog about how my Active E has made me environmental, which will now be amended to include our Tesla adventures.

We completed our first day with Roadster 40 and met with the dreaded "Powertrain Problem, Service Required, ID 287" error. We're learning what it means to be an owner of a 1.5 Roadster.

Those of you that own both an Active E and a Tesla would know me from the BMW Active E forums, the only place on the EV forums that I don't use AEdennis for a handle, I'm just dennis there.

So, that's me...

love your blog... thanks for sharing your experiences.
so, the error message was just because the car/battery was hot?

I don't know, I suspect that or the HVAC. Either way, bringing it back to Tesla Service Center tomorrow morning to have it figured out. I was able to charge it to 187 ideal miles on a mix of fifteen minutes with the 120V connector, majority on an MC240 at 30A, and about 1.25 hours on the CAN and my Chargepoint charger at 30A.

love your blog... thanks for sharing your experiences.
so, the error message was just because the car/battery was hot?

Further update... They ended up replacing the PEM... Kind of an important part.

MPT had asked in a chat that we had whether they upgraded the 1.5 to 2.x PEM for the replacement and it was a 1.5 replacement PEM for my wife's Roadster.