Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Option to restrict "new post" search?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
I have not been able to figure out a way to limit the "New Posts" search to just the sections I'm interested in.

I don't really care about stock/options trading, Roadster info, etc. but many of the posts listed as new are related to those.

edit: I figured it out. just do an empty search if the "since last visit or newer" selected.

Last edited:
There's also the Subscribed Forums feature which we custom coded for this very situation.

All you do is subscribe to all the forums in which you're interested. Do this by clicking on the green circle in the forum list, or by using the Forum Tools in the forums you like.
As soon as you're subscribed to at least one forum, you'll see a new tab at the top of the page called "Subscribed Forums".
When you click that, you'll only get the threads with new posts in the forums you want.

N.B., you have to also subscribe to the specific subforums you want. This allows you to, for example, see threads about the Model S drivetrain without having to read about cup holders, etc.

Any way to hide or not see certain threads in the "What's New"?

I'm super happy that we have so many active TMC members and threads around the world, but my Norwegian is about as good as my Dutch, and it would be nice if we can hide those threads or sections from showing up in the What's New list.
Is that possible?
Thanks

I'm looking for something at the thread level, not the forum/sub-forum level.

I want to see every new thread that gets created, but if the title is "gummy bears are too sweet", then I just want to click a button / link and never have this thread show up again under "New Posts".