Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Marketing Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla owners received an email from Michael van der Sande this evening.

It included a recap of recent news, all of which has been covered here and is not worth repeating. But here is an edited version with some of the personal touches from the new VP:

After nearly three weeks on the job, I wanted to say hello and happy holidays. I’d also like to take this moment to briefly update customers about what’s new at Tesla Motors. The past few weeks have been a great learning experience for me, and I’m looking forward to meeting many of you in the next months and years.
Next year, we are hoping to hit several other regions, and we are working hard on launching service locations in New York, Miami, Chicago and Seattle in 2009. Hope to see you there!

Thanks and happy holidays!

Michael van der Sande

The Lotus Elise is tiny, the Roadster is just small.

The Roadster is a big step up from the Elise in terms of luxury and interior space/comfort. The Roadster is a proper sports car, not a gt or anything of the sort.

There really isn't anything to complain about (unless you're 6'4" or something)

There really isn't anything to complain about (unless you're 6'4" or something)

Zak is 6'5" and he is one of the top customer relationship people. :) He looks fine in the car. I am 6'3" and my hair definitely is in the wind with the top off.

I have heard that other tall people cannot see the dials while driving. I don't recall from my test drive. I was too excited to actually be driving to pay attention.

I am 6'4" and I had no problems seeing the dash that during my times in the car.

I can also fit comfortably in the car with either the soft top or the hard top on. (testing this was a requirement of me putting my deposit down in the first place). There is plenty of leg room length-wise, but very little width wise. This means that I can comfortably get my knees around the steering wheel, but heaven help me if I ever want to change positions.

And getting out of the car with the top on is a bit... humbling.

Edit to add: Honestly, my 5'3" wife had more problems with driving the car than I did. The seat back does not adjust - so she had to wedge my jacket behind her to see properly. We have since talked to some 5'1" Elise drivers who claim that it is still possible to drive (without sitting on a jacket), but takes some getting used to.

Last edited:
...And getting out of the car with the top on is a bit... humbling...

I always think of this picture when I hear that:
bu_tesla138pc.jpg