Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

521 Mile Road Trip From East Bay To Eugene and Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I'm looking into making a 521 mile road trip from my home in the Sf Bay Area to The University of Oregon in order to drop my son at school. After a few months of tirelessly hacking away at the Blink, ChargePoint, and PlugShare pages, I began to stalk the rumored Supercharging locations to no avail. Now I turn to you, the owners looking for a fellow Model S owner willing to share a charge from a high powered wall connector. (compensation will be given for the effort) The trip will be primarily along the I-5 Please let me know if you live between Redding, CA and Grants Pass, OR and could help out between September 12th-15th.

@RyanLevenson

It's nice what you are doing. In Italy I couldn't even try such a thing because here EVs are not so much used. But I hope that also here in Italy high powered wall connectors to be shared will be available soon. Then I read that Tesla is installing Superchargers in Norway. Hope that also in Italy Superchargers will be installed soon.

It looks like you have twin chargers, so all you need is the adapter that PU Bill mentioned. You can make it to Orland from your home. So just stop in Orland, Yreka and Canyonville. And Eugene, of course. Should be an easy trip!

I think the only thing to note is that the Eugene station is only available when the gas station is open, so you can't fill up overnight. (Well, maybe they would let you if you ask in advance).

Hey guys, I'm looking into making a 521 mile road trip from my home in the Sf Bay Area to The University of Oregon in order to drop my son at school. After a few months of tirelessly hacking away at the Blink, ChargePoint, and PlugShare pages, I began to stalk the rumored Supercharging locations to no avail. Now I turn to you, the owners looking for a fellow Model S owner willing to share a charge from a high powered wall connector. (compensation will be given for the effort) The trip will be primarily along the I-5 Please let me know if you live between Redding, CA and Grants Pass, OR and could help out between September 12th-15th.

Ryan: I'm new to the forum and realize your request is now old news. But you should know that the Springfield and Grants Pass, Oregon supercharger stations are nearing completion. Specific addresses are available if you haven't seen them posted. For your next trip! If you are in Eugene again in the week or two before these open, you are welcome to plug into our garage NEMA 14-50. --- Merlyn