Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drove Today. Bought Today. Confirmed Today. Watch Out Austin....P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well before going any further. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of YOU. I have spent the last two weeks on the forum asking questions, reading, researching (you know the thing Telsa owners do :smile:).

I kept hearing the same thing--"it's amazing". I'm thinking to myself what this Kool Aid tastes like that all of these people are drinking. Well I found out today in Austin--and the flavor Kool Aid was P85. I scheduled my drive two weeks ago and have been restless ever since.

First, if the experience is going to be anything like mine was today, it's going to be a fun ownership experience. Greeted by the store manager (super nice person) and was placed with Kevin or Keith (I apologize--I don't remember as I was in lala land after the drive). Got to the car and had great conversation. They knew I was buying today, so took all the time I needed--almost 1 hour I got with him. We went for an extended drive and freeway--holy ****. I have driven almost every kind of sports car, owned more Porsches than I wish to admit--and NOTHING and I MEAN NOTHING left me with a school boy giddy feel like this awesome car. We did MULTIPLE 'floor it' scenarios--that was it--done--done and done. :love:

I had been on the fence about S85 or P85--well after driving P85 (or course they don't have anything else to drive), I decided that was it--period. Also, coming from a Porsche 911 4S, I thought it was a safe bet to get the P85. I was also on the fence on pano. Again, didn't have one without, and I didn't want to gamble on headroom--so who cares it's just another $2500--boy things started to add up quick HA!

I was sold after the first launch--we could have just headed back at that point, but I'm glad we didn't. Super fun drive. Got back to showroom (which was PACKED) from drive, got on the phone with a rep from CO, placed order on the phone. Got the confirmation email, confirmed and into "Sourcing parts". No need to wait ANY LONGER!

P85 (UPDATED TO P85+ on 8/31/13)
Black
Black leather
Pano
21" Silver
Tech
Air Suspension (ADDED 8/31/13)
Carbon Fiber
Parking Sensors

Very happy with order and no regrets. Got off phone, told store manager I ordered--got a high five, then like 4 people that where around were like "you just bought one" high fives all around. It was fun!

Couldn't leave without some swag--pic below (jacket, cap, mug and license plate holder).

October (Mid) delivery. CANNOT WAIT and again thank you for all of your help on forums!!

FC301335-FBE0-4F8B-A7EA-95193FDD0561-6352-000003053C526536_zpsf337d4f1.jpg

Last edited:
Can you give us some more details on the thought process between S85, P85 and P85+ as you were doing your test drive? I'm curious how that went. Stream of consciousness would be great. I'm looking for the unfiltered thoughts. :)

Congratulations! Everyone tried to tell you that the test drive would be the clincher, and now you know what we were talking about... :)
The Kool Aid is tasting mighty good--and oh soooo true :biggrin:

Congrats! Nice schwag you got there too!
My thanks to Elon :cool:

Porsche owners fall very hard. :)

Yep, I recall the sound all too well after the first 0-60 launch--BAM! I've fallen and cannot get up - LOL!

___
Brian - Thought process was simple.

I asked the Tesla rep about 100 times (literally)--will the S85 do what we just did in this P85? I got a the S85 is fast--but what you just drove is faster--and after about the 98th time of me asking, it finally sank in. I have no doubt the S is probably more than I need, but I didn't want to think every night if I made the right decision. Was it worth $10K more--well, that's TBD, but if it performs like the test vehicle, then most certainly money very well spend to me.

Rep said ask others in the store what they would buy. All said P-100%.

Last edited:
Since you got the 21 in wheels, I wonder why you didn't get a Plus. Since you have been driving a sports car, I would assume handling would be an important consideration for you. I think the air suspension is also a fantastic option.

Couple of reasons. 1. With differing tire sizes on + (Front and rear), it's impossible to rotate tires. 2. Air suspension I went round and round on, at the end of the day, my 911's don't have the ability to raise for humps, and didn't find it important (for now). I might change my mind over time, and just order a loaded P+, but I'm very happy with what I ordered. $$ add up quick, and think what I put together will satisfy my appetite for now--hey I was on the fence about S vs P, but went the P route.

I forgot to say congratulations. I understand about cost. You ordered an awesome automobile. I only got the 21 in wheels because they were included with the Plus.

The air suspension improves ride quality and improves aerodynamics at speeds above 60 mph when changing to the low setting. I had a Corvette, and I was able to negotiate obstacles without having the option to increase ride height.

I forgot to say congratulations. I understand about cost. You ordered an awesome automobile. I only got the 21 in wheels because they were included with the Plus.

The air suspension improves ride quality and improves aerodynamics at speeds above 60 mph when changing to the low setting. I had a Corvette, and I was able to negotiate obstacles without having the option to increase ride height.

WHOA!!! I didn't know the $6500 included the 21". I'm on the phone right now with Tesla...want to change to P85++++++++!!! I'll add air as well of course.

Let's just load this bad boy up!

Last edited: