Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted Nose Cone - Looks Great (IMO)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You asked, you receive. Just got back from the amazing guys at J&B Body Works. When I was leaving, Anthony (Joe is the owner, Anthony, his nephew is #2), suggested actually experimenting and swapping the paint, 'extending the look of the hood and accentuating the Tesla logo"...that might look good as well. IMO, this below should be the standard look, much better than all black. Took one pic with the license plate, one without, for those states that don't require a front plate.

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

This looks very good. Did J&B have to get paint from Tesla or were they able to use what they had on hand? Also if you don't mind me asking what did this cost to do?

Two good questions:

1. J&B is THE certified Tesla body shop for the White Plains service center, in fact Joe (owner) knows Andrew (head of body work for Tesla) for a long time - so yes, they get paint directly from Tesla HOWEVER, what Joe told me, which is interesting, is that no two Tesla's are exactly alike. So you'd still have to bring your car in so they can 'match' the color. Each tesla color actually has more than one. Why? Ask Joe, apparently this is very common on higher end cars.
2. I'm embarrassed to say Joe charged me $100 - no, that's not a typo.

J B Bodyworks

I think it looks great as well. However, I think it may not look as nice on lighter colored cars like white and silver.

Agreed, fully concur.
I think for the blue, green, brown, possibly the grey (color of mine) it will look great.
I have seen photos of a multi-red nose cone, not quite the best look (in my opinion).
Perhaps the Signature Red would also be a good candidate for a little make over.

they get paint directly from Tesla HOWEVER, what Joe told me, which is interesting, is that no two Tesla's are exactly alike. So you'd still have to bring your car in so they can 'match' the color. Each tesla color actually has more than one. Why? Ask Joe, apparently this is very common on higher end cars.
The base color code is the start of any color. Spray pressure and distance will change the color by allowing the metallic to settle at different depths. Also substrate and color under the paint will darken or lighten the color as the paint is semi-transparent. You could have a perfect color match, but ruin it by changing one variable. That's my $.02:tongue:

Reactions: mobe