Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Record Tesla Model S in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August 20th 2013, 22:00 hours. Four well-prepared students from Eindhoven University of Technology are ready to start the Athlon Real Long Distance Record with the Tesla Model S Performance with a 85 kWh battery.
The objective of the record attempt is to show the possible range when only minor changes are made to the Tesla model S, while driving according to the legal speed limit, and with two passengers (driver+1).

August 21st 17:00 they finish, after 625 km on a single charge, with almost 80kWh usage, for a full report see here

Athlon Tesla Model S Real Long Distance Record the report | Steinbuch

August 20th 2013, 22:00 hours. Four well-prepared students from Eindhoven University of Technology are ready to start the Athlon Real Long Distance Record with the Tesla Model S Performance with a 85 kWh battery.
The objective of the record attempt is to show the possible range when only minor changes are made to the Tesla model S, while driving according to the legal speed limit, and with two passengers (driver+1).

August 21st 17:00 they finish, after 625 km on a single charge, with almost 80kWh usage, for a full report see here

Athlon Tesla Model S Real Long Distance Record the report | Steinbuch

Congrats guys! Keep up the good work. I love the amount of documentation you did. I tried to document some of our findings here. Dave Metcalf and son Adam break the 400 miles challenge! Incredible...

Let me know if you'd like to compare notes.