Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charleston, SC - any owners in or near?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a brand new group member. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the fabulous Model S but wanted to hear from anyone in the SC/NC area regarding delivery and any service/repair issues. Would love any information.

Have a great day,
Susan

White Model S Owner, HopeToBeSoon
I live in the area and just got my Model S on the 12th! Please PM me with any questions you have.

My brother is in Charleston, so I'll be visiting eventually, all the way from NH.
My wife is from NH! Her parents still live there.

Jonathan - SCSusan here. I PM'd you as drsrichardson (locked myself out of that name). I wanted you to have this contact info so you can PM me if you like telling me about your delivery experience. Thanks so much for answering!!

Have a great day

Hello!
We waited 4/4.5 yrs for Our Tesla. My husband had researched the Roadster and was waiting until the Sedan finally left the rumor mill. (Thus Shai (Line #) 2316 lol) She was delivered to me <shout out to Cale Brock!> March of this year. My husband was away for work when she arrived (we pushed the date farther out than original arrival date when we found out hub was leaving). Tons of photos were sent to hubby while I drove just about every where in the area. I refuse to drive anything else now! :)
I have been told specs are to be used on the boards. I'll be passing. I might as well just tell you what we paid lol

Hello!
We waited 4/4.5 yrs for Our Tesla. My husband had researched the Roadster and was waiting until the Sedan finally left the rumor mill. (Thus Shai (Line #) 2316 lol) She was delivered to me <shout out to Cale Brock!> March of this year. My husband was away for work when she arrived (we pushed the date farther out than original arrival date when we found out hub was leaving). Tons of photos were sent to hubby while I drove just about every where in the area. I refuse to drive anything else now! :)
I have been told specs are to be used on the boards. I'll be passing. I might as well just tell you what we paid lol

Is yours blue? There's a blue Model S that's been around Charleston that I don't know the owner of! PM me your email address if you want added to the South Carolina Tesla Owners group! Our first group meetup is going to be this Tuesday if you can make it.

Is yours blue? There's a blue Model S that's been around Charleston that I don't know the owner of! PM me your email address if you want added to the South Carolina Tesla Owners group! Our first group meetup is going to be this Tuesday if you can make it.

Nope, we are the Kelly Green Model S. :) It's funny. I've driven all over this area and have not seen any of you! I was thinking car collectors who've put them in storage until my son saw a blue one, I think?? We'll be at the Plug-In tomorrow w/Tes.

The electrician came by to install the outlet for charging my soon-to-be Tesla. He asked if I wanted 220 volts. My answer, of course, was "220, 221, whatever it takes."

is is there anyone on this forum old enough to remember that line?

Hello Charleston area MS owners.
I will be coming thru around Nov 2 and 3, hope to see a bunch of the City and some of the countryside.
Does anyone know of a local hotel or B&B that has a 240 V 40 A circuit for use by guests?

Your assistance will be most appreciated.
PM if you wish.

Same sort of request for Savannah and possibly Statesboro, GA for Oct. 31 and Nov 1.

Many Thanks!

Hello Charleston area MS owners.
I will be coming thru around Nov 2 and 3, hope to see a bunch of the City and some of the countryside.
Does anyone know of a local hotel or B&B that has a 240 V 40 A circuit for use by guests?

I have the same question. I am coming to town for a wedding next week and would like to find a hotel I can charge at overnight. Are there any in Charleston with plugs for EVs?

Vendue Inn has a Tesla Roadster charger. One of you all should contact them to let them know that there are 10 times as many Tesla Model S cars on the road now as Tesla Roadsters, and 50 times that for all EVs. It's time they consider upgrading their Roadster EVSE to a high power (70-80 Amp) J1772 charger that will attract all EVs on the market, not just one model. Since the power is already there it would only cost them $2200 (for a Clipper Creek CS-100) and a couple hundred for the electrician visit to rewire.

Vendue Inn has a Tesla Roadster charger. One of you all should contact them to let them know that there are 10 times as many Tesla Model S cars on the road now as Tesla Roadsters, and 50 times that for all EVs. It's time they consider upgrading their Roadster EVSE to a high power (70-80 Amp) J1772 charger that will attract all EVs on the market, not just one model. Since the power is already there it would only cost them $2200 (for a Clipper Creek CS-100) and a couple hundred for the electrician visit to rewire.

I wrote a request to the Vendue Inn for them to consider adding an electrical outlet connection for their guests.

Does any one know of a similar hotel in Savannah?

Mr. Mom was on a few days ago! There are movies you just have to watch because they are on tv. The Great Escape, Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Mr Mom, The Right Stuff, Auntie Mame, Goodbye Girl, Jaws and Rear Window - the last Steve McQueen flick, too. Inception - watch it from each characters point of view, it's very interesting.