Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My beautiful baby.. Sigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
a5ymazud.jpg

I was distracted pulling into the garage and the clearance is tight. Sigh. The xpel film protected most of the bumper. Once the film is removed there will be two spots where the paint was damaged. Arrggghhh.

Anyone known of a Tesla certified auto body service center in the northern VA or DC-metro Maryland area?

Andrew

Last edited:
*sad face*

Don't you just hate it when that happens? I got home from a 5-day road trip and backed my S into the garage...right smack into my RDX, which had been moved over from its normal spot in my absence.

Bright midday sun, dark garage, and me worrying about whether I would clear the side mirrors instead of what might be lurking inside. No damage that I can see to either car, but it sure got my attention!

Ouch! So sorry that happened. This is exactly my worry, too. At least some of the damage was reduced by the film. Let us know how much it helped once they remove the film, and how much it costs to repair the bumper.

Just remember, it's just stuff. The contents of the car are what matter most.

Wow, a lot of people damaging their Tesla's in MD!

I can believe it. I got into a fender bender yesterday and cracked my nosecone, luckily no one was injured and that was the only damage to my car. Only cost me $159 for a replacement nosecone, not too bad, I was expecting much worse. Was able to take it to Rockville service center this morning and Nathan took care of it right away.

Wow, a lot of people damaging their Tesla's in MD!

a.k.a. people in MD can't drive. neither can people in NY. or NJ. or pretty much any state. except maybe Idaho. and North Dakota.

Clearly I'm made that up. Funny I say that. Bc when I google'd for some real data, I got this:

2009_statebystate_1.gif

States with lowest and highest rates of motor vehicle crash deaths per 100,000 people, 2009

because ironically it seems DC and NY would be two of the safest while ND is one of the worst. LOL.

Clearly I'm made that up. Funny I say that. Bc when I google'd for some real data, I got this:
because ironically it seems DC and NY would be two of the safest while ND is one of the worst. LOL.

The chart needs one more axis: miles driven at speed. Isn't it impossible to get a moving violation in DC?

I did this about 6 weeks ago. Fortunately, there was no structural damage and it was entirely paint transfer from my garage to the quarter panel. I was able to polish it off with some m105/205 and then applied some sealant. Didn't appear to be any clear coat damage, but I need to get a paint thickness reading on it now.

I took my car to Criswell Collision Center today for an estimate. They are apparently one of the only Tesla certified body repair centers in the mid-atlantic. I was told they had 4 Teslas being worked on this week. One was from Philly, and another from Delaware. It made my 50 mile drive seem short in comparison. The damage to my car was minor. No parts required; they will remove the bumper, sand it, and repaint. 3 day job because of the multi-coat red, ~$650. While the car is there I'm also going to have two of my 21" wheels refinished to fix some road rash for ~$145/wheel.

I asked how the relationship formed between Criswell and Tesla. Apparently Tesla was looking for collision centers who had experience working with aluminum frames. Criswell does work on Audis which apparently use a fair amount of aluminum (I'm assuming RS's and R8's, etc.) They were advertising their Tesla certification on their storefront signage.

I took my car to Criswell Collision Center today for an estimate. They are apparently one of the only Tesla certified body repair centers in the mid-atlantic. I was told they had 4 Teslas being worked on this week. One was from Philly, and another from Delaware. It made my 50 mile drive seem short in comparison. The damage to my car was minor. No parts required; they will remove the bumper, sand it, and repaint. 3 day job because of the multi-coat red, ~$650. While the car is there I'm also going to have two of my 21" wheels refinished to fix some road rash for ~$145/wheel.

Andrew-I know this is an older post but was curious about your experience with CCC. I need a place and EuroPros in Gaithersburg is closer. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: