Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing an outlet in a condo garage - Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my condo board to approve installing a plug at my parking spot in the garage.
They got a quote for install from Speedy Electric for $5,600 +HST to do the job!!!!
Seems a little ridiculous to me.
Anyone have any experience doing this? or can recommend a good company that can provide me another quote?

So I got my condo board to approve installing a plug at my parking spot in the garage.
They got a quote for install from Speedy Electric for $5,600 +HST to do the job!!!!
Seems a little ridiculous to me.
Anyone have any experience doing this? or can recommend a good company that can provide me another quote?

I would say it seems very steep for the "average" installation, but local codes and circumstances may show it to be reasonable, depending upon how far from an electrical room you are, whether they have to upgrade feeders to the garage panels, etc. I'm sure you'll hear from a few who have used various electricians. A good place to put this post might be in the local section of the board.

Hi Mike,
What type of charging station are you planning to install? A CS-100 (80a) evCharger will have greater power and wiring requirements than a 30 or 40a charging station. And as indicated by FlasherZ and others, the distance from the source can be a large factor in the overall cost.

Feel free to call or PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Cheers,
Emile.