Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 Year in review Video. What Do New Owners/Future Buyers Want to Know

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys after having a Tesla Model S for 9 months now I am beginning to shoot a year in review video. I want to know for the interview part (and filming too). What do new owners and future buyers want to know about the Model S? What parts of the experience do you want to hear about most. What parts of the car do you want to see? Let me know any ideas you guys think up. I have A signature Red, Vin S00967.

I think the most interesting thing now is how people react to the car. I think a video of what random people think and respond to the car would be the most interesting and then contrast that to current owners. A "Tesla Time" video. Also, show someone experiencing getting their new Model S and their first day of playing with it. A "Tesla Smile" video.

IMO that would be fun to watch.

Great idea - haven't got mine yet, but this is what I think would be interesting based on obsessive reading on TMC:
- how model s has changed their perception of driving
- their trepidations initially switching to EVs and what did/didn't materialize
- totally agree on 'how people have reacted'
- show the improvements made to the car within a year - via software upgrades. People I talk to are most blown away by this difference with Prehistoric (aka ICE) cars

What are the best features of the Model S. This is going to be hard but I would include:

1. Tech package with explanations
2. Safest car ever made. Show how and why.
3. GPS display with highway signs in the HUD . . . I still can't get over this.
4. The iphone app and controlling the car from afar.

I'd start with popping the hood and discussing crumple zone. This leads them to thinking that the engine etc are in the trunk.

Then walk around and pop the trunk. Look in the storage well too. "But where's the engine and battery?" they will eventually ask. Offer them a big sheet of cardboard and say, "Well, to see anything mechanical, you have to crawl underneath."

Then show some footage of a Tesla on a lift. See my slide collection at http://WilliamCalvin.org/EV for ideas.