Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Group feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created a new group for Hawaii owners over here: Hawaii Owners Group

The advantage of the group function is that you can post arrangements for meet-ups etc without it being public to group non-members. This works well if you have meet-ups at private residences or want to publish contact details that you wouldn't like to have on an open posting. Many of the groups also use it to compile a list of names/addresses of members willing to share residential charging opportunities. You also have the ability to add photo albums.

Normal etiquette rules apply and group discussions are moderated.

In order to access the group you first need to become a member:

• Click on "Community" in the top red menu bar at the top of this page, then click on "Groups" in the drop down menu.
  • You'll be taken to the groups page and on the right you will see a column of "New Groups"
  • Click on the "Join" button for the Hawaii group

I set up the first post in the group and you guys can take over from there. I'm sure there'll be some questions along the way and I'll do my best to answer them for you. Have fun!

Edit: See also this post on subscription alerts for the group feature.

Last edited:
drtko, "watching their MS" that's a good idea. If someone leaves their MS at the airport for more than a day, we could activate a "MS patrol" to cruise by and check to insure its okay and post or text someone. Now how can we coordinate this to occur? Ideas anyone? Considering a MS could slip in and out of the airport parking without an expense, this seems like a nice insurance policy to help each other. I'm willing.

Hmm slip in and out and not pay for parking? LOL make me want to find the chargers at the airport. I was wondering were they were... Can always make a drive by as well :)

Hey 1.21Gigawatts, there's a set of chargers on the ground floor of the international parking garage. There's about 8 stalls reserved for EV vehicles there (marked as green stalls with signs)...2 of these stalls have chargers (farthest left two).

There are also EV parking stalls on floors 5,6,7 & 8, but these do not have charging stations.

Also,for anyone who wants it in writing, here's the webpage on the HNL Airport Website that indicated that EV parking is FREE:

Electric Vehicle Parking Hawaii Airports

It's worth noting that they require an EV license plate to qualify. Official text:

"Effective July 1, 2013, an electric vehicle on which an electric vehicle license plate is affixed shall be exempt from payment of parking fees for a maximum of 24 hours. Applicable parking fees will be charged to electric vehicles parked in excess of 24 hours."

Update: on the main "Hawaii group" screen some folks have been noting that they don't always remember to look there. This should help....

Go the Hawaii Group page and look at the grey task bar at the top right of the page. You'll see a drop down menu and you can "subscribe" to the group and then choose from the next menu how you want to receive notifications when new posts or discussions appear.

Untitled.jpg

Is there someone who'd like to take over as owner of the Hawaii group feature? There's really very little work but I think that it would get more use (and you'd all get more out of it) if someone actually in Hawaii was leading it.

The main task is simple vetting of those who apply to join and then encouraging others to help build the community.

Is there someone who'd like to take over as owner of the Hawaii group feature? There's really very little work but I think that it would get more use (and you'd all get more out of it) if someone actually in Hawaii was leading it.

The main task is simple vetting of those who apply to join and then encouraging others to help build the community.

I'd be happy to help out unless somebody else wants to do it.