Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - forum moderation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha,

dsmith asked me to stop by and update several thread titles as there was some conversations getting derailed by other forum members who didn't realize they we're on an island thread. I went through the entire thread list so that should be complete now. If you all try to remember to add some local relevance indicator to the title of new threads that'll help self-regulate in future.

I'll try to look in from time to time but if you need anything else, just drop me a PM. There's a six hour time difference and I'm occasionally out of touch on boats working on marine research, but I can generally get to things within 24hrs.

Everyone seems pretty cool here but in case of spam, abusive behavior or offensive language feel free to use the 'Report Post' feature and that'll get an immediate review by the site moderators.

All the best,

Nigel

Edit: Note to new members - When you join TMC a number of your initial posts are placed in moderation for review prior to publishing. The delay maybe be up to 24hrs but is usually much shorter. This has worked very well for us in reducing the amount of spam and advertising on the forum. For the same reason, access to certain features, e.g. signature line on posts, is initially restricted.

Last edited:
Thank you NigelM. You win a free trip to Hawaii, excluding Airfare, room and board.:wink: But you will get a ride in one of the best cars and possibly a "cold-one" during your stay.
There must be something a Marine researcher can think of to do here.:biggrin:

Wanted to make sure you're all aware of this:

Swinging back around on this. All the regional forums are now excluded from the "What's New" tab at the top of the page. Members should subscribe to the regional forum(s) that corresponds to where they live (and any other forums in which they're particularly interested). When you do that, a "Subscribed Forums" tab appears at the top of the page which is a shortcut to new posts in those forums.

If you don't know how to subscribe specifically to the Hawaii forum then go to the main forum page and look for this:

Untitled.jpg

Post questions to me here or to doug back on the site feedback thread.

Last edited:
Aloha,

for those of you who don't get out of the Hawaii section much: After 3 years doing this job, I'm taking an extended break from TMC and handing in my moderator badge.

Everything is so pleasant and peaceful in the islands that this corner of my moderating responsibilities was always one of the easiest to keep an eye on, but always a fun crowd of posters! Doug will assign someone in due course, but just PM him if anything urgent crops up in the meantime.

Continue just the way you all are. See you in the islands sometime! :)

All the best,

Nigel

Nigel,

Mahalo for the time that you've shared with us on this forum! I hope to see you in the islands sometime! But, hey--you've got a little bit of sunshine is Sarasota too, so I understand if you don't make it over in the next 6 months. :wink:

Aloha,

WeazL

Nigel,
We'll probably have a hootin and hollerin good time with a drunkin konga line starting up shortly, now that eyes are turned away. Lots of interest recently in a new thread "X-rated political, ethnic, and religious interpretations of the Tesla phenomenon."

In all seriousness, thanks for your efforts as a volunteer. You may wish to brush up on your poetry skills, however, because you're going to need them in 2017.
cheers,
Papafox

Last edited: