Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add "Like" Button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to click on a post (after logging in) and indicate approval of all or part of the post without replying "ditto", etc in a separate reply or post? Is it advisable to add a "Like" button, such as is available on fordcmaxenergiforum.com/?

Also, when you do start using the reputation button (looks like a six point sheriff badge) I recommend the following:
1. sign your reputation note with your forum handle unless you really are paranoid about remaining anonymous because your reputation note is brutally honest
2. feel free to also reply to the thread with a comment as well, a little direct positive reinforcement is a good thing

Thanks, Doug and Brianman, for the context and suggestions. I have participated in only one or two forums and have no experience with these sorts of restrictions or rules for newbies. My thought about a "like" button, was based on my desire to provide some empathy or direct positive reinforcement to other participants in a very simple, cost-effective way (and without unnecessary posts to clutter the forum).

As predicted by doug, a few more capabilities have opened up. Thanks for the access.
Having had almost 24 hours to experience and evaluate the “reputation star,” I would like to learn more about it and refine my thoughts and suggestion. The reputation star, as Btrflyl8e stated, relates to a "reputation" rating” and is marked “add to this poster’s reputation.” While the star permits me to express approval or disapproval, it does not seem to have the same focus or function as "Like this" button available on fordcmaxenergiforum.com/
Unlike the “Like this” button, the star seems to focus more on the poster than on the contents of the post. The “Like this” button focuses on the particular post, rather than on the "reputation" of the poster. (The “Like this” button has no comment section. If the post is long or complex, clicking this button is ambiguous and a separate comment would be required.)
I don’t know if my approval of something, by clicking the star, or a comment I add is available to anyone besides the poster. I appreciate Brianman’s suggestion to sign the star’s comment section (but I forgot to do that). In contrast, the “Like this” button automatically and publicly publishes, directly on the particular post, the screen names of people who have clicked the “Like this” button. It seems to me that the “Like this” button very efficiently fulfills the function of providing “a little direct positive reinforcement” (to the poster and other readers) without unnecessary posts. Is this worth thinking about?

Hopefully it is worth thinking about since I've already devoted a lot of time doing just that. I have plans to revamp the reputation system with something more akin to a traditional "like" system. However, it keeps getting back burnered as more important stuff pops up. Soooo... I wouldn't hold my breath, but it is in the pipeline. :)

Hopefully it is worth thinking about since I've already devoted a lot of time doing just that. I have plans to revamp the reputation system with something more akin to a traditional "like" system. However, it keeps getting back burnered as more important stuff pops up. Soooo... I wouldn't hold my breath, but it is in the pipeline. :)

You mean that I should actively try to get good reputation points again?