Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyclone Wheels (Real Photo)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visted the Oakbrook Chicago store over the weekend mainly to checkout color options and new rim options. The cyclones look great in person. I was never really that excited about the standard 19" rims but 21" rims in the Midwest is not really a good option (winter, potholes, excessive tire wear). the cyclone wheels are an excellent compromise.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28593&d=1376920577.jpg

I intended on snapping a photo of the aero wheels too but i got sidetracked and forgot (P85 test drive!). Orginally not a big fan of the aero wheels, however they look much better in person. If I remember correctly they are mostly black.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm considering taking the 19" Cyclone as a good trade-off between costs and damage. The 21" are super, but the tires are really expensive and they damage very quickly.

Be sure you compare the costs related to going with another third-party set, like Rial's Lugano. I think rough calculations in the 19" turbine wheel thread showed that you could buy the car with the standard 19" wheels *and* purchase a set of the Lugano wheels for the same price as going with Tesla's option. :)

The spacing of the "spokes" seems like a mistake - they are not evenly spaced as they are on the 21" wheels. When standing still, the spoke pattern looks like a mistake rather than by design.

i dont think this is the case, this wheel is just a 5 split design, instead of straight spokes they are curved.
rc_jiminez_19_obphoto.jpg

to be honest i dont really prefer the design either, i would rather they have the turbine blades more pronounced like this

sema-lexus-project-ct-five-axis-3.jpg

I would have preferred a 19" wheel option too. Unfortunately, I don't really like the standard 19's at all. The cyclones look fine to me but they don't come in grey (dark) like the 21's do. If they did, I'd take them hands down.

Those Rial Luganos are beautiful, Flasher! Too bad nobody around here carries them, and TireRack basically charges a 5th wheel's worth of shipping on top of currency conversion. :crying:

Yes, something about the Cyclones are saying Nissan Altima to me. Now on the other hand, the more I look at the Aero 19's the more I think it could make the Model S stand out even more (a good thing, imo) . But, I'm waiting on those Luganos as well...

The spacing of the "spokes" seems like a mistake - they are not evenly spaced as they are on the 21" wheels. When standing still, the spoke pattern looks like a mistake rather than by design.

Hard to imagine that design being a mistake. I believe it was intentional. Someone else in another thread suggested that's why they're called "cyclones" rather than turbines. The Rial Luganos are that way as well if you look closely.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like it, that's why I'm going to TireRack for the Luganos... but to each his own. :)

I'm not seeing this on their website. Was this a personal conversation you had with a TireRack rep?

Be nice if these could be specified for the P+ (pref. with the wider rears). The 21's look superb and no doubt would outperform 19's when pushed, but they are always going to be high maintenance.