Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

posting images

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Chrysler's impressive EV lineup:
Two things:

1.) These photos are too big. Try to limit image size such that when embedded, the format of the page still fits within the width of a monitor at 1280 by 1024 resolution. The "large" size from Flickr (1024x768) works fine but isn't always necessary. Using the "medium" size (500x375) while linking to a larger size is best in most situations. Some forum sights automatically resize images, but ours doesn't for the time being.

2.) These photos are already posted several places on the forum including this very thread.

Two things:

1.) These photos are too big. Try to limit image size such that when embedded, the format of the page still fits within the width of a monitor at 1280 by 1024 resolution. The "large" size from Flickr (1024x768) works fine but isn't always necessary. Using the "medium" size (500x375) while linking to a larger size is best in most situations. Some forum sights automatically resize images, but ours doesn't for the time being.

2.) These photos are already posted several places on the forum including this very thread.

1.) Apologies, though the availability of these "high-res" photos prompts one to question why similar "high-res" images are not available from Tesla" so that I can "post-whore" them on site"???"

2.) But, but...the others are not in "high-res"!!! (You'll have to admit that they're pretty cool...there's even a nice high-res image of the motor bay so that people can now make out what the labels say)

Admonishment noted and will proceed accordingly.

1.) Apologies, though the availability of these "high-res" photos prompts one to question why similar "high-res" images are not available from Tesla" so that I can "post-whore" them on site"???"
Umm... Tesla has plenty of high-res images on their site here: Tesla Motors - Image Library

Also they have plenty of images in their Flickr photostream: Flickr: Tesla Motors Image Library's Photostream

2.) But, but...the others are not in "high-res"!!! (You'll have to admit that they're pretty cool...there's even a nice high-res image of the motor bay so that people can now make out what the labels say)
Try going to the beginning of this thread and clicking on some of the pictures. Behold the wondrous high resolution images.

Umm... Tesla has plenty of high-res images on their site here: Tesla Motors - Image Library

Also they have plenty of images in their Flickr photostream: Flickr: Tesla Motors Image Library's Photostream

Try going to the beginning of this thread and clicking on some of the pictures. Behold the wondrous high resolution images.

So...is this to say that I do have permission to post-whore pimping (I've really got to stop listening to the urban-influenced music programs, lol!) , high-res images of Tesla's on the site here???

It is just unfriendly to people browsing the site to post ANY images (of Tesla or otherwise) that are too big. It makes the page slow to download, and causes scrollbars to show up. As Doug suggested, smaller than 1024x768 inline seems fine, but if you want to show off a bigger image post a link to it.

Not a hard, fast rule - just a strong suggestion.

It is just unfriendly to people browsing the site to post ANY images (of Tesla or otherwise) that are too big. It makes the page slow to download, and causes scrollbars to show up. As Doug suggested, smaller than 1024x768 inline seems fine, but if you want to show off a bigger image post a link to it.

Not a hard, fast rule - just a strong suggestion.

I get it, inconsiderate of me due to unfamiliarity with page loading issues, it just did not occur to me due to my never having been affected by it...pardon me my ignorance.

I'm not sure where the others stand, but I see little point in posting Tesla's own image library here - we all know where to go to get them and there is a gallery section on this site too (albeit one that isn't working at the moment).

Attachments

• Copy (5) of Model S Peak.JPG
    Copy (5) of Model S Peak.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Figure it out here then post in the other thread. I suggest you upload your images to Flickr.com. Your current image is too large to embed without messing up formatting. Flickr will automatically give you several image sizes to choose from. Then you just use IMG tags around the url for the image.