Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oil Change and Lube for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Is this Jason messing with someone?

3114342939_38678c8577_b.jpg

:biggrin:

Yes. I was going to include an explanation, but then I thought I'd wait a little bit since the photo made for an interesting mystery.

I considered that but these photos have been showing up on various Tesla sites for the past month or so. I don't want people to get the wrong idea that the Tesla's have been sneaking out behind our backs and getting oil changes just for the fun if it! :smile:

TM has their own floor jacks behind the showroom. Why don't they put an alignment machine in their shop too?!

Were all the floor jacks in their shop in use so the place next door is for overflow? Does Tesla not have mechanics on staff qualified to do alignments?

It has been so packed back there at times with the cars to get the drvietrains installed, perhaps it was easier for them to overflow the alignment job across the street. Perhaps they will bring the alignment stuff back in house once they have gotten through th 2008/2009 backlog.

TM has their own floor jacks behind the showroom. Why don't they put an alignment machine in their shop too?!

Were all the floor jacks in their shop in use so the place next door is for overflow? Does Tesla not have mechanics on staff qualified to do alignments?
They probably do, but like graham said, those guys are really too busy. They've been working weekends and long days to get the cars out the door. It makes sense if they can off load some non EV specific work for the time being. Plus that place is just across the street and I'm sure they're happy to get the business.