Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla Roadster" in Grand Theft Auto 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grand Theft Auto 5 is due to be released in a month and as such the producer Rockstar Games is ramping up marketing. They updated the game's website Grand Theft Auto V and under the "fast cars at your fingertips" tab there is a car called the "Voltic" by a company called "Coil" (subtle).

I look forward to driving it in the game in a month ;-) would post a screenshot if you don't want to visit the site but away from a computer for the next week and I don't want to spend a (presumably) lengthy amount of time doing so via a tablet!

charlie -

anyone on here getting GTA?
Sweet!

Yes, for sure I'm getting GTA 5. Dilemma here! I'm getting GTA 5 on September 17th and my Model S just 14 days later. Then I have to choose, GTA or Model S and I'm not sure yet.

Real-life GTA in my Model S doesn't seem like a good idea, so I'll probably stick to my PS3.

No seriously, GTA is one of the best games ever, so much fun to do all the things which are forbidden in real life.

Yep, for sure getting GTA V. It is a great series, and I'm sure V will be even better.

In addition to the Tesla, sorry, "Coil" there is a Fisker rip off too. Called the Khamelion... (Karma). Interestingly Rockstar call it an electric vehicle, so I guess it isn't an "EVER" or whatever Fisker used to call it.

actual_1377278282.jpg

Also it's a 2 door, not a 4, but still, looks pretty much like the Karma.

Sweet!

Yes, for sure I'm getting GTA 5. Dilemma here! I'm getting GTA 5 on September 17th and my Model S just 14 days later. Then I have to choose, GTA or Model S and I'm not sure yet.

Real-life GTA in my Model S doesn't seem like a good idea, so I'll probably stick to my PS3.

No seriously, GTA is one of the best games ever, so much fun to do all the things which are forbidden in real life.

Tough decision, i'd choose both. :cool:

tumblr_mt4h2ojaOu1s1kqmqo1_400.gif

iCLIBk8dnHJ8L.gif

game of the year already
cux1x3P.png

So far, the only game to have the Model S is Gran Turismo 5? Thats lame. The Roadster was ok in Most Wanted, but it wasn't accurate "physically" (as in Physics). That was unfortunate. Hopefully, in GTA V, the Roadster has crazy fast acceleration.

I would also like to see electric motorcycle knockoffs as well, The Zero S, maybe a Brammo Empulse in there :)

Widodh, good hunting, though I doubt it will be an easy find.

btw: I'll be happy to pick up your Model S and care for it while you play (I can dream right?)
Kallo isn't to far from Middelburg, so your Model S will be just an hour away.

ps: do not forget to go to the Launch Party...

Widodh, good hunting, though I doubt it will be an easy find.
I've been searching for about 6 hours, but no luck yet... :(

Next to that, GTA V is super cool :)

btw: I'll be happy to pick up your Model S and care for it while you play (I can dream right?)
Kallo isn't to far from Middelburg, so your Model S will be just an hour away.

ps: do not forget to go to the Launch Party...
Nah, I think I can manage to pick up my Model S next week and I'll be at the party on Saturday :)

As in GTA IV, it will take most likely quite some hours (if not days) to find such a premium car. Given that you'll be driving your S like crazy soon (really soon) finding the Roadster might become a thing of months ;-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using Tapatalk 4

I've seen two, one in a parking lot in a wealthier part of town and another one being driven. Of course I grabbed both :)

The acceleration is unparalleled, and the small size works to its advantage when weaving through traffic. Braking and cornering aren't as good as the other supercars in the game, but I would say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

I was very excited to see a Coil Voltic while driving down the pier. I jumped out and grabbed it, but the previous driver got stuck underneath the car (possibly because of realistic clearance) and I had a rough escape from the cops. I got it fixed up and painted Very Orange and it is now my go-to vehicle. They nailed the sound and the performance is excellent.

image.jpg