Thread: Upgrading to Performance...

Upgrading to Performance...

...has anyone gone through the process of upgrading a 60 or 85 to a performance model post delivery?

I'd be interested to see the depreciation by month or by miles that Tesla is using - and if anyone is aware of the procedures for doing the upgrade.

The 85KW performance loaner was pretty amazing when my 85KW was being worked on - but I don't think the trade-in program was up and running yet.

Regards.

I've heard of P85 to P85+ retrofit begin offered, but haven't heard of "to P85" retrofit being offered.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I've heard of P85 to P85+ retrofit begin offered, but haven't heard of "to P85" retrofit being offered.
    Bman, I think the OP meant a trade-in for a Perf loaner (like Elon envisaged), not a retrofit.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gg_got_a_tesla View Post
    Bman, I think the OP meant a trade-in for a Perf loaner (like Elon envisaged), not a retrofit.
    Half of his post reads that way to me, while the other half doesn't.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

17 % off full invoice (not including taxes) minus 1% per month is what I was told. Another poster said thier offer also had minus $1 per mile.
    P8911 ViN4288 85KW Silver Grey Obeche P85 21s Dual/Tech/Sound/Air Delivered 2/6/2013.
    P14936 Model S #2 14694 Red/Black/Black P85+ Dual Charger Solid Roof P+ 7/20 delivery.
    White/Tan S85 18201 ordered 7.26 delivered 9/2/12 (accident damage 12/12). Replacement White/Tan S85 delivered 3/5/14

Thread Information