Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware 5.0 bug tracker proposal

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradc View Post
    Not every user may agree with or like the design, but if the car behaves according to the design, it's not a bug.
    Hehe, I use that line all the time with my QA engineer

Bug: Lloyd (who got a new MS with heated seats) reported that the display didn't show the controls to operate them till he did a reboot once.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Blog Entries
    OK, there seems to be different views on what constitutes a bug and I'll confess to some skepticism on whether anyone will keep it up as the various versions of 5.0 come out; but.....there also seems to be some desire to give it a go so there is now a Wiki over here:

Wiki = Model+S+Firmware+5+0+Bug+Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    OK, there seems to be different views on what constitutes a bug and I'll confess to some skepticism on whether anyone will keep it up as the various versions of 5.0 come out; but.....there also seems to be some desire to give it a go so there is now a Wiki over here:

Wiki = Model+S+Firmware+5+0+Bug+Tracker
    Thanks, NigelM!

I tried to reflect the views expressed here on "bug" vs. "broken by design" in the wiki. I think this could be quite useful and will certainly try to maintain it (as I see bugs posted here or elsewhere).

"Issue" is a more generic word than "Bug", and tends to capture the spirit of all "stuff that is undesirable to at least some customers". I recommend we go that route with the thread/wiki titles.

@Citizen-T: Nice post. Well stated.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information