Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting for the drop in center console! Not sure how practical the 2nd row cupholders are, since they're near the floor. Someone on another thread commented that these are very similar to the Roadster design.

No need to wait, the CCI is great. I had a warranty issue (if anyone remembers me mentioning it at the meet up) and they gave me a replacement in just a week after receiving the "broken" one.

With a simple yacht floor costing $500 (piano black), $650 (decors) or $800 (CF) I'll be sitting down when they come out with their price for the full console.

The basic "no Frills" CCI is only $549 so I doubt that the Tesla Center console will be cheaper based on their other accessory prices. in the latest Teslaccessories newsletter they also mentioned a new a second cup holder for the CCI, back seat storage and rear cup holders. hopefully they are as well done as the CCI and come in at a price below what Tesla is offering (on the Tesla rear cup holders)

oh and almost forgot some nose cone enhancements.

The basic "no Frills" CCI is only $549 so I doubt that the Tesla Center console will be cheaper based on their other accessory prices. in the latest Teslaccessories newsletter they also mentioned a new a second cup holder for the CCI, back seat storage and rear cup holders. hopefully they are as well done as the CCI and come in at a price below what Tesla is offering (on the Tesla rear cup holders)

oh and almost forgot some nose cone enhancements.

I'm very curious about the nose cone enhancements. :)

Teslaccessories just sent out their newsletter with new products. Prices to be announced later.
  • Rear Seat Cup Holder (in center arm rest)
  • Rear Seat (3) USB POD
  • Rear Seat Storage Kangaroo Pockets on back of Front seat
  • Heavyweight floor mats (70oz front, 40oz rear)
  • Frunk and Trunk mats
  • Car Cover
  • Seat Covers with rear pocket
  • front windshield sun shield

They do look bulky.

This is what I designed for my MS. It slips under the rear mat, up against the rear seats and folds flat when not in use. I have Velcro and the aluminum bar to provide stability.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
@drtko, clever design. Nicely done. Cool how it disappears.

Thanks. It seems to work well. Got the cup holders from Amazon. The brackets and aluminum bar are from Home Depot. The cup holders are bolted onto the brackets and the brackets are glued on. The brackets and aluminum bar is under the mat.

- - - Updated - - -

Teslaccessories just sent out their newsletter with new products. Prices to be announced later.
  • Rear Seat Cup Holder (in center arm rest)
  • Rear Seat (3) USB POD
  • Rear Seat Storage Kangaroo Pockets on back of Front seat
  • Heavyweight floor mats (70oz front, 40oz rear)
  • Frunk and Trunk mats
  • Car Cover
  • Seat Covers with rear pocket
  • front windshield sun shield

The USB POD will probably have the same problem with the USB ports on the front. Can't charge iPads, just Smartphones. Not enough power for iPads. That is why I have the DC to AC inverter.

You can get a charger that plugs into the 12v outlet to charge iPads. Just make sure it provides at least 2 Amps. If you plug in an iphone to it, it's like charging on steroids--very fast. It's a slow charge for an iPad compared to it's 10A wall charger, but it's enough juice for the iPad to recognize the charger. Most USB car phone chargers put out between .5-1A, so the iPad doesn't even recognize them when you attempt to plug it in to them--hence why the 2A charger is necessary. If you get one, get a dual charger with two USB ports...then you can charge your phone on steroids and charge your iPad at the same time. If you're concerned with 2A being too much for the iPhone, get this charger which has 1 port @ 1A and the 1 port at 2.1A:

Amazon.com: BoxWave Dual Micro High Current Car Charger - 2.1 Amp / 10W Universal 2-Port, Dual USB Car Charger for All Devices - Apple iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, All Smartphones, Tablets, eReaders (Black): Cell Phones Accessories