Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar panels being installed on White House roof (again)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per ABC news:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/solar-panels-finally-installed-on-white-house/

While installing solar panels on just one building in Washington DC doesn't do much for climate change, it's hard to ignore the cultural significance of solar panels on the roof of the White House. It sends a message to America, and the rest of the world, that the US is finally starting to take seriously climate change and embrace renewable energy, including solar power. Plus, it has a certain "cool factor". The article is not clear on what company is doing the work, or how much of the White House power needs the panels will take care of. In my opinion, the original solar panels from the Carter administration should have never been taken down. Bringing them back up is pretty neat.

stop drinking the kool-aid

Sequester prevents us from touring the White house due to lack of money, yet they can install solar panels?

As long as we all understand the installation is for show and tell only, then I am okay. Anyone who thinks it indicates a shift in the USA and new view of the future needs to stop drinking the kool-aid.

FWIW, I have had an 8kW array in my backyard for the last three years. Why it took the White House 5 years to get it done during the sequester smells of baloney sausage.

Hopefully the next administration will not remove them...

Given the GOP brand and changing demographics outside of gerrymandered congressional districts, it's hard to see anyone getting in the White House who would b inclined to go in the pro-oil direction for the foreseeable future.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they're hoping the 30% federal rebate on solar panel installation at "the House" will be enough to make a dent in the national debt.

HAHAHAHA :biggrin: