Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Tesla Sightings....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a couple of other non-Tesla car forums I used to moderate/community organize for, I started the practice of 'sightings' threads. It was fun way for members to contribute to the regional forum, see whether or not they've been spotted, and give each other a chance to break the ice and converse with their 'spotter'.

Now let's find out who is busy driving around and getting spotted.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start:

Aug 7th, spotted a Silver Model S 19" wheels southbound on Randall Rd. in Lake in the Hills.

Aug 10th, spotted signature Red Model S 21" wheels in downtown Woodstock in the morning; and then again driving westbound on Algonquin Rd. in Lake in the Hills later that afternoon....same driver.

Last edited:
You know, there is an entire state south of Chicagoland... :)

Yes, I do. Sighting thread is for all of IL, I just haven't spotted anything south of the burbs of Chicago because I can't seem to stay awake once I get south of Plainfield/Aurora; if I ever need to go further south, I try and drive a John Deere or a Caterpillar combine to fit in with the locals. :D

Silver Model S driving south on York Road through Elmhurst/ Oakbrook. I waived from behind, with my arm out the window as I pulled up alongside and then through the pano as I pulled in front. No waive back :( He must have not noticed/ recognized my blue MS.

silver MS.PNG

BEAUTIFUL Pearl White P85+ with grey wheels in Schaumburg today mid-morning on Schaumburg, just east of Roselle Rd. Driving east bound.

If you're on here, I was in the Blue Tacoma behind you. Wow...that pearl in the sun was gorgeous!

Had to take the car in to Tesla Service today in Chicago....of course I saw a few Teslas. However, specifically with owner and car in mind, I saw a dark blue 85 with 19" wheels; met the owner (Rosalyn). She was VERY nice and loved her story on how she got into the Tesla (also she knows no one else with one on the South Side of Chicago, other than hers).

Saw a brown P85+ with temp tags; driver and I exchanged head nods.

Saw a black Roadster going eastbound on Grand Ave, I was just leaving westbound on Grand from the SC.

Had dinner at Gibson's on Rush yesterday.

Sat outside and saw a white P85 with grey 21" wheels drive past.
Also spotted a newly temp tagged Brown P85 with 21" wheels, driving northbound on Dearborn (I think, can't remember what street we were on) soon afterwards when I left, spoke to the owner too.

Peoria, IL

Non Chicago sighting! lol

Dark color (black, blue, was too excited to tell - how wierd is that) with 21's from Rt.6 to I-74 heading towards downtown. It was the closest i've been to one so far and it gets more beautiful the closer I am to one. :)

I am a recent, potential Tesla buyer from Minneapolis who was in Chicago for the weekend. You know how when you are aware/thinking about "X", you wind up suddenly seeing "X" everywhere?

I saw 5 or 6 Teslas on a Saturday afternoon on Michigan Avenue. In fact there were enough that my son and I were inspired to go to the nearest Tesla-oriented place, which was the SC on Grand Avenue. They had one on display, which was nice, but other than that and a big screen ability to view the website, there was nothing else to see. I was surprised they didn't have more info (e.g. brochures, sample finishes, swag) especially given the massive population in Chicago-land. I am new to this forum and the vehicle and apparently there is a big difference between an SC and a dealership, but at this point in Tesla's history, maybe the line between the two should be a little blurrier?

Dart, I agree with you. The service center in Chicago should have all the little parts and pieces to see to order a Model S. they previously had all these things as they were the store and SC all in one for many years. They may be phasing out this as it is land locked.

Black (or blue, still cannot tell the difference most days!) Model S parked in a lot along 22nd St in Westchester, IL. That's an amazing 5 Model S sighting 4 days in a row for me including the 2 (1 silver with temp plates, VIN 18xxx and 1 blue) at the Superchargers this weekend.