Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone miss going to the gas station to fill up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds ridiculous but have any of you started heading to the gas station and then realizing you don't need gas (muscle memory / force of habit)

for me i haven't actually left my house but i keep getting the feeling i'm supposed to be doing something with the car as plugging it in seems almost too easy.

i guess ill have to get gas eventually though since i have a gas powered pressure washer, it will be pretty funny when i pull up in an EV.

I'm calling TROLLLLLLLLLL here :)

Every so often I have had to drive my wife's car and that friggen thing requires liquid dead dinosaur stuff. I have literally forgotten how to use those stupid pumps.

Oh, I forgot; I fixed the problem. Her MS will be here 9/6.

OK

NO!

drive a gas truck for work, it sucks

had to drive gas car for 1 week during my 1 year S service. Sucked majorly. I waited in line to get gas and when I got to the pump the gas door wouldn't open??? WTF. So I had to pull out of the spot I just waited for to figure out that a fuse is bad and I need the key on to pop the fuel door, or trunk even!

+ just to go get gas in the car I needed to put a new battery in the car! Luckily it was still barely under full warranty from Costco by 1 month! yay

anyone looking for a 2002 lexus LS430 in CA, I used to think it was 'nice', now it is only nice to sit in in the driveway

So I am in BadA** and we pull up to the 7-11 to return a Redbox video. In the forecourt is, of course, pumps. I decide to drive between two pumps to head to the video return. At this precise moment, the 6 year old (whose head is never out of the cockpit) perks up - "Hey, I thought this thing didn't need gas"

Priceless.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss those windshield squeegee/scrubber combo buckets. My windshield is so dirty all the time. :frown:

But I deal with the suffering.

LOL!

I had to go get diesel for the tractor, no one even blinked an eye, but in NH i don't think people know electric cars exist.
I had someone ask me if that was an 8.5 liter the other day.

What I DO miss is the sound of this:

IMG_20130731_190219.jpg

Some engines should forever be heard. Back story, met that guy on the highway, we stopped, talked and traded for a bit.

Every once in a while I have to buy some gasoline for my snowblower or lawnmower. Yes, I drive up to the pump in my Model S, pull a container out of the trunk, and fill 'er up.

(I actually do most of my lawn cutting with a robotic electric mower, but I've yet to see a usable electric snowblower.)

And no, I don't miss gas stations one bit.

Every once in a while I have to buy some gasoline for my snowblower or lawnmower. Yes, I drive up to the pump in my Model S, pull a container out of the trunk, and fill 'er up.

(I actually do most of my lawn cutting with a robotic electric mower, but I've yet to see a usable electric snowblower.)

All electric here... including snowblower. (I know... wimpy Toronto winters :smile:)

That's where you get ice and lottery tickets when you don't want to go all the way to the grocery store.
Ah, I don't ever purchase either of those things so no wonder I'm not familiar.

You know, I realized the other day that I hated stopping for gas so much I would wait until I was almost empty. That caused me to have range anxiety with my ICE, not my Model S.