Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Houston owner that took ownership today reports that he was told he has version 5 with sleep mode...can anyone confirm that this is true?!

bobobrit | AUGUST 13, 2013
Picked up my new Pearl White P85+ this morning at the Houston SC (a week earlier than expected) and was told that it had the new 5.0 software update, which apparently came out in the last day or so (sleep mode, mutlidirectional maps, etc). Nice!

C'mon Bob!

software.PNG

I hope he is! My car is in service and I'm due to collect it tomorrow or Thursday. After seeing this post I emailed my service advisor to see if I can be updated, should this be accurate.

For those with previous service experience, are updates typically done by default or did you have to request it specifically? There's a line item on my repair order for a vehicle inspection. I'm assuming software would fall under that.

I had my car in yesterday for a tire rotation and they fixed the steering that was clicking (I hadn't noticed it) :redface:

Anyways, I'm still on 4.5 (.61). Can't wait to get sleep mode!

I hope he is! My car is in service and I'm due to collect it tomorrow or Thursday. After seeing this post I emailed my service advisor to see if I can be updated, should this be accurate.

For those with previous service experience, are updates typically done by default or did you have to request it specifically? There's a line item on my repair order for a vehicle inspection. I'm assuming software would fall under that.

Picking up my new MS today @ 4pm Parking sensors and cold weather package (for those chilly days in L.A. when it gets below 65). Given these features, if anyone has a chance at a different software version, it will be me. I will update this forum as soon as I get back to a computer. Don't count on hearing from me until late though! :biggrin:

Keep in mind that the initial versions of 4.5 had some issues, to the point that the Service Centers stopped updating cars that were in for service for a while. Tesla seems to have resolved that with the .61 release, but the Service Centers might be a little gun shy about pulling down updates just because people ask for it. If anyone is able to get their Service Center to pull the update down for them, please let us know!

It works for me, although whoever took the pictures was "mister blurry cam" as the set went on. Blurry pictures are better than no pictures at all though! Wi-Fi connectivity and tethering, changeable map orientation, screen cleaning mode, and what looks like sleep mode. A very nice set of improvements.

I cannot wait to get this update!