Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware 5.0

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnawara View Post
    My maps/GPS are completely wonky - it is rarely accurate for more than 3-5 minutes at a time. After that it will start to randomly locate my car between 50' - 1 mile away from its actual location, and almost always heading in the wrong direction. Even more impressive is the Model S "blender":
    In the upper right hand corner of the Nav screen there is an X. This X should be blue, not grey. If it's grey it's in free-form mode, if it's blue it tracks the car. Press the X to toggle between the two modes.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Tesla has assured me that with 5.0, when charging is complete (with J1772 or otherwise), the Charging Screen should dispaly a 'stop charging' button. If pressed, a second 'unlock port' button should appear, and the 'stop charging' button will become 'restart charging'. In no case is the charging handle button pushed in this description.

I want to validate that situation and those buttons appearance. I may have to borrow a 5.0 car to be sure.,..

Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    AFAIK, J1772 charging and HPWC charging are indistinguishable from each other, but perhaps there is something there that can tell the difference.

In 5.0, there are no buttons on the "charging complete" screen when the car has finished charging, the contactor is open, and the cable is still connected giving a pilot signal of 80A.
    www.Power12.com ----- Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Non-perf, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonfive View Post
    Tesla has assured me that with 5.0, when charging is complete (with J1772 or otherwise), the Charging Screen should dispaly a 'stop charging' button. If pressed, a second 'unlock port' button should appear, and the 'stop charging' button will become 'restart charging'. In no case is the charging handle button pushed in this description.

I want to validate that situation and those buttons appearance. I may have to borrow a 5.0 car to be sure.,..
    My cousin is 5.0. Need me to check?

Thanks for the kind offer - I'm not meaning to inconvenience anyone, and I will have a look myself fairly soon. I just wondered if anyone with a 5.0 car had seen it yet,...
    www.Power12.com ----- Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Non-perf, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

I just tested this by setting my charge limit to lower than my range. I got the message "Charging Complete" but no other button. See attached image.
    Name:  IMG_1664.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  1.65 MB
    Model S P85 | Blue | Black Premium Leather | Obeche Matte | 19" Cyclone
    Sound | Tech| Parking Sensors
    |Cold Weather|Extended Napa Leather

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744

If the "charging complete" screen is displayed, there is no button (like 4SUPER9 posted).

Here is the sequence...

First, "Starting to Charge" is displayed, and a button says "Cancel Charging".
    If you hit that button, you go to a screen that says "Charging Stopped" with a button that says "Start Charging".
    If you allow it to progress, the screen displays "Charging" with a button that says "Stop Charging".
    If you hit that button, you're given the "Charging Stopped" screen, once again with a button that says "Start Charging".

There is no "unlock charge port" button that appears. This is with the HPWC connected. I don't have a J1772 nearby to try for you.

Thanks to everyone helping me on this one. It's really appreciated.

The reason I am reopening this question is that the changes in 5.0 have been promised to support more explicit unlocking - this will benefit users of CapturePro and allow me to restart sales, but it will also help anyone who might be faced with a broken J1772 charging 'disconnect' button, or a broken UMC. This change would at least allow disconnection in those case

One more thing - it is now supposedly possible to unlock the port with the 'Stop Charging' button, then going to the Controls screen and hit 'Charge Port', in that order. Without any exterior buttons this should stop charging then unlock the port. As you can imagine, I now don't make any assumptions and I'm trying to get access to a 5.0 to test these configurations before I restart sales.

David
    Last edited by Babylonfive; 09-21-2013 at 09:59 AM.

One more thing - it is now supposedly possible to unlock the port with the 'Stop Charging' button, then going to the Controls screen and hit 'Charge Port', in that order. Without any exterior buttons this should stop charging then unlock the port. As you can imagine, I now don't make any assumptions and I'm trying to get access to a 5.0 to test these configurations before I restart sales.

David
    Yes. I just tried this. The charge port button unlocked the port. I removed my UMC without pushing the button.
    Model S P85 | Blue | Black Premium Leather | Obeche Matte | 19" Cyclone
    Sound | Tech| Parking Sensors
    |Cold Weather|Extended Napa Leather

FWIW, I was at the San Rafael SC yesterday and asked about getting 5.0 uploaded while there for another issue--no luck.
    Standard 85, no pano, air, tech, retrofit fog lights, twin chargers, 19", black leather, multi-coat ('CHP-arrest me') red, (body color roof), obeche wood gloss
    Test drive Menlo Park 2/2/13, reservation 18870 - RN 327060 2/3/13, MVPA signed 2/11/13, VIN 09667 (4/26/13), Fremont factory tour & delivery 5/13/13.

San Rafael SC will be the last place to get a new update etc. Try Fremont.

- - - Updated - - -

My nephew received his 85 today in Tucson, AZ and his car has 5.0 (1.35.104) That must be the latest iteration of 5.0. By the way it has iTunes Radio!

Thread Information