Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki List of Strollers that Fit in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ken830

Model S 85, Model 3 Performance, Model X LongRange
Jun 19, 2012
San Carlos, CA
I would like to ask all parents of young children to help fill in this list. My wife and I are looking to buy a stroller, but some models we're considering are not carried by any of the local retailers, so we won't be able to try them out. Also, it's easier if we just have a list of what fits and what doesn't (Knowing what doesn't fit is just as useful). A photo would also be great. We've got a Snap N Go that fits with plenty of room to spare. Also, I have seen the City Mini, Uppababy Vista, and someone has mentioned one of the B.O.B strollers.

UPDATE (2013-Dec): We decided to go with the Mamas & Papas Armadillo stroller. Very compact stroller with big-stroller features. Fits almost entirely in the "microwave" of the frunk -- Mostly just the wheels stick out. And costs around $250.

Manufacturer/BrandModelFits in FrunkCommentsPhoto and/or Link
B.O.BRevolution SE Single Stroller YesNew frunk may require front wheel to be removed.
8jwIFkEs.jpg
H1uZFdrs.jpg
Baby JoggerCity EliteYes.
JLYLFXws.jpg
Baby JoggerCity MiniYes.
7nluD7Vs.jpg
Baby JoggerCity Select (Single/Double)YesMust remove seat(s) and wheels. Confirmed to fit in shorter frunk.
SlsK9wos.jpg
BABYZENYOYOYesPossibly fit multiple.
Baby TrendSnap N GoYes.
CpJrFu1s.jpg
BritaxB-AgileYes (assumed)Assumed to fit because it is almost identical in size to the City Mini.
BritaxB-Agile DoubleNo..
BritaxB-NimbleYesMight fit in the new (shorter) frunk, but it will be close..
BritaxB-ReadyNoSlightly too wide (~1") to fit into the "microwave" cubby hole.
BugabooBeeYes.
skwRWk2s.jpg
BugabooCameleonYes..
GracoFastActionYesNeed to remove the drink holder bar
8t72Ttes.jpg
guzzie+GussHornby Double Stroller (G+G 125)YesNeed to remove the 3 front wheels. Confirmed to fit shorter frunk..
JoovyCaboose Stand On Tandem StrollerYesTray and sunshade removed.
Mamas and PapasArmadilloYesTons of room leftover. Will definitely fit in shorter frunk.
Wmwmd1rs.jpg
Orbit BabyStroller G2YesOptional toddler stroller seat may not fit in frunk
ZHnEnLMs.jpg
xP21iY0s.jpg
Peg PeregoBook ClassicoYes.
jNx9UGus.jpg
UppababyVistaYesWith rumble seat
EV Stories • We’ve fit a UppaBaby Vista Stroller - with the...
C17gtqLs.png
UppababyCruzYesNote: May not fit in shorter frunk (Need confirmation).
VariousUmbrella StrollersYesMost umbrella strollers will fit. Cybex Ruby, ....
Phil and Teds Double Inline Strollers fit in Classic Frunk

Thanks to gmontem, KOL2000, and Musterion for info about the B.O.B stroller.
Thanks to Lou in SoCal and ribsandbbqbeef for info about the City Select.
Thanks to ATP_JD for info about the Keyfit Caddy.
Thanks to Kipernicus for info about the Joovy Caboose.
Thanks to FlasherZ for info about Cybex Ruby.
Thanks to kschramm and jyc for info about Orbit Baby Stroller G2.
Thanks to JST for info about the Bugaboo Bee.
Thanks to jomo25 for info about the Britax B-Nimble.
Thanks to jomo25 for info about the Britax Britax B-Agile Double.
Thanks to bsd for info about the Uppababy Cruz.
Thanks to Kalud for info about the guzzie+Guss Hornby Double Stroller (G+G 125) and the Peg Perego Book.
Thanks to Brandonm for info about the Graco FastAction.
Thanks to Energykart for info about the Bugaboo Cameleon.
Thanks to MassX1317 for info about the Britax B-Ready.
Thanks to Olen for info about the Baby Jogger City Elite.
Thanks to Blake for info about the Baby BABYZEN YOYO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried our City Select Double Stroller and it fit. The only caveat is that you'll need to remove the rear wheels first which is very easy to do.

Thanks! Would you be willing to snap and share a couple of photos? Are you folding it with the second seat attached? Or are you detaching that? Also, I think it's safe to assume the City Select (without the second seat) will fit also? I'll update the table soon.

It's not a commonly available one, but the Aprica Presto fits perfectly when folded.

- - - Updated - - -

Great thread BTW. I never tried to see if the Britax B-Agile Double fits, I just assumed it wouldn't. But I might try it to see if any simple combo of things (removing wheels for example) will make it fit. Will try today if possible.

It's not a commonly available one, but the Aprica Presto fits perfectly when folded.

- - - Updated - - -

Great thread BTW. I never tried to see if the Britax B-Agile Double fits, I just assumed it wouldn't. But I might try it to see if any simple combo of things (removing wheels for example) will make it fit. Will try today if possible.

Thanks! I'll wait for your feedback before updating the table!

Thank you so much for the post. This is fantastically helpful for talking my wife into the car. It is truly practical, and I'm impressed by how family oriented it is. Great for those of us with kids.

A little off-topic, but still relevant to parents or expecting parents that are considering the Model S. The decision to reserve the Model S in September 2012 took a lot of convincing of my wife and myself. We were expecting our first child and needed a car that could fit an infant car seat. Our financial situation was good, but definitely not good enough to blow $100K on a car with no thought. We both drive 10+ year-old cars that were bought new for around $20K. But after owning the Model S for more than 7 months now, I can say without a doubt that this is the best purchase decision of my life.

The best thing about the Model S is that my wife and daughter will be riding in the safest vehicle available today. This trumps everything else.

Another great thing we've discovered is that with a newborn, we often have to sit in the car after arriving at our destination because the baby fell asleep and we don't want to wake her. The Model S allows us to keep the A/C or heater running without having to keep an engine idling like a gasoline car. This means we can pull into our garage and close the garage door and still run the A/C or heater for as long as we want while she sleeps. This is also great for in-car diaper changes and feedings when we're out and about.

With a young baby, and possibly a family with a couple of young kids in the near future, we're planning to take a lot more road trips than before. As a couple, we used to fly. Now, a road trip makes more sense as we can go at our own pace and our own schedule and make frequent stops as necessary. The Supercharger network fits this thinking perfectly. This was the tipping point for us. The day after the Supercharger announcement in September 2012, we scheduled a test drive. I told my wife, "Look! we can drive to Disneyland for free today."

We are surrounded by friends and family (siblings, cousins, etc) that also have young kids. This is probably true for most people, as most friends are usually similar in age. The rear-facing seats with built-in five-point harnesses will allow us to take my nephew (and future nephews/nieces) with us in one car without debating about what's easier -- moving their car seat from the grandparents' car or just take two separate cars.

Before having kids, dropping off the cars for their scheduled oil-change and maintenance appointments every 3 months was a minor inconvenience because we had to take two cars to the shop so that we can drive one back and do the reverse when picking-up the car. After having a baby, it would be considerably more difficult to juggle that switch-off and transferring a baby and a car seat base between two cars twice in two days. With the Tesla, we never have to worry about that because it just doesn't need very much servicing. Even if the car needed service (like the annual inspection), we can always choose the ranger option, which can be done while my wife was at work or at home.

It's also nice to know that my daughter will not have to breath in gas fumes at a gas station and my wife will never have to detour to make a gas-station stop once every four days while my daughter (officially recognized as the loudest crying baby in history) is screaming from her car seat.

And on top of all these benefits, we didn't need to buy a large gas-guzzling SUV for Costco/Home Depot runs. We didn't need to buy a compact fuel-efficient car for my wife's 70+ mile commute. We didn't need to buy a minivan for hauling kids. We didn't need to buy a sports car to satisfy my need for speed. We just bought a Model S and it more than met all of our needs and expectations. And we were able to afford the high initial cost by shifting money from gasoliine to car payment.

Our Joovy Caboose fit in the frunk after taking off the tray and sunshade. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Thanks. A pic would be great! Does the tray and sunshade fit in the frunk along with the stroller after removal?

Ken your post about how great the MS is for kids is so true.

Yeah. I think there isn't enough attention given to how great it is as a family car. We were in the market for a minivan for SUV before we considered the Model S. I know for a fact that I would not look forward to driving a minivan or SUV. And I would dread buying gasoline for such a large vehicle.

The black version of the Mammas and Papas Armadillo stroller was just released in the U.S. (Babies "R" Us) yesterday, and I went to check it out. It folds so compact that it fits in the frunk with a shocking amount of space left over. I think we found our stroller. It's super compact when folded, folds and unfolds with one hand, the seating surface folds inward (won't get dirty), molded plastic seat for better support, can adjust recline up/down with one hand, has a toy loop, comes with rain guard free, huge canopy, suspension at all four wheels, easy to apply/release brake pedal, and a really reasonable price. Just gotta wait for the other colors to be available. Table updated.

Great thread but you need to change the table. You DO NOT have to remove the front wheels of a BOB to fit in the frunk. I put mine in there every week when we go to the zoo. It's tight but no problems fitting it in there folded!!

Great thread but you need to change the table. You DO NOT have to remove the front wheels of a BOB to fit in the frunk. I put mine in there every week when we go to the zoo. It's tight but no problems fitting it in there folded!!

Thanks for the information! I don't have first-hand knowledge of most of these strollers, so I am just providing information that I receive or find from others. User gmontem provided information about the B.O.B. stroller. I'll remove that note from the table, but if you could snap a photo of it in the frunk without the wheel removed, that would be better!

I have a Cybex Ruby stroller that folds up and fits in the front without any additional modifications. I think most of the Cybex folding strollers should fit.

Thanks! I think most umbrella strollers will fit without issues. I'll add a line for umbrella strollers.

A recent change to the frunk dimensions means that the frunk is now "shorter" as measured from front-to-back. According to Tesla's frunk mat page, this change occurred starting with VIN P21270. We're still waiting on word about how much is space is lost. This might not impact the current list of strollers, but I will try to find out and update the table if necessary.