Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is that a trip counter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just completed my first week with my Model S. This forum has been a great resource to me as I have encountered, and then figured out, the nuances of the car.
One thing I have not been able to figure out on my own is some sort of trip counter that can be displayed on either side of the driver's display. I am able to use the scroll wheel to scroll to the trip counter which shows the numbers 6 and 2. Both of them are half way between the number showing and the next number. I am trying to find out what this is for and how to reset it? Is this a useful tool?
I appreciate, as always, your knowledge and input.

Once you scroll to that point, just press on the scroll wheel to bring up the Trips display.

The Trips display has three lines: two trip meters, A and B; and a 'since last charge' line. You can reset either of the trip meters from the 17" display; I don't recall exactly where that functionality is located, but try Controls; then Settings and poke around.

Thanks for your response. However, I did not explain things clearly.
I was not referring to the Trips display. I get that. Take a look at this picture. It is some sort of trip counter. Any ideas?
Trip Counter2.JPG

If you click the wheel you will see the trip counters on the side of the driver displays. It shows three counters, one since last charge, A, and B. each has distance, kWh used, and Wh/mi economy. To reset counters, go into the controls screen, then trips.