Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worse than being ICE'D !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been ICE'd many times, especially in St Petersburg but today it was taken to a new level. I was TESLA'D !!! I went to Winter Park and fortunately there is a chargepoint station right across from our favorite Brazilian Steakhouse. When arriving there I saw a Tesla parked and thought "oh sh$%!y somebody is already charging, but at least it is a Tesla and not a (quickly charged) Volt blocking the spot. But driving closer I could not believe my eyes, he was not charging, just blocking the spot ! I hope the owner is on this forum and has a good explanation (maybe strong diarrhea on parking so there was no time to put the charger in).

Otherwise this is just ignorant and stupid ! (there where tons of empty parking spots available). Fortunately there was a spot available two cars to the side and with backwards parking the cable was long enough and I got home save :)

WP_20130811_002 (Small).jpg
WP_20130811_003 (Small).jpg

Fortunately there was a spot available two cars to the side and with backwards parking the cable was long enough and I got home save :)
Luckily the story ended happily.

Somebody probably thinks that because they are driving a Tesla they are entitled to that spot, whether they need it or not.
It happens more often than you think - all sorts of plug-in owners have been documented as guilty of the same thing.

^^^
A PiP (who can't even use a CHAdeMO) blocked a Blink CHAdeMO DCFC. There were no L2s within distance of where he parked.

He posted about it at Furious and ignorant Nissan Leaf driver | PriusChat and then didn't exactly tell the truth about what happened. Archive of his original post at Furious and ignorant Nissan Leaf driver | PriusChat.

We ended up getting more info, finding out that there were no L2s nor 120 volt outlets there, only CHAdeMO, which he couldn't use. And, he left his car.

I think that sometimes we might think of ourselves as a somewhat special group, all good, ethical guys and gals. Another Tesla owner would not take up a charging spot if not needed.

T'aint so. The Bellevue WA store had a Roadster HPC to Model S adapter. No more, it grew legs and walked away, thereby denying many the use of that 70 Amp EVSE.

I just had a question. I just saw that the Fresh & Easy store had two spots that were marked with signs that said "Hybrids Only". Does that mean the MS can't park there?

I guess it depends... At the Pepsi Center in Denver (sports arena), there are a number of spots reserved for "Hybrids". I emailed their guest relations asking them 1. to change the signs to add EV as well, and 2.can I park there until the change is made.
Here is their response:

The spirit of the space/sign is to encourage all "clean" vehicles to park in that space. You are welcome to park there. We are currently working with our parking company about potentially providing more spaces for "clean" vehicles. If you have any other concerns, please let me know.

Last edited:
A variant of this I've seen. At a chargepoint station which costs money to use, the plug often isn't put back in the cradle. I believe people are doing this so that they can connect the plug without paying because they don't really start charging. Grrrr

I've seen a MS at Logan airport parked in a chargepoint spot but not charging (on 2 different trips to the airport in the last 2 weeks). I didn't think too much about it since I was not driving my MS, but this person must have been on a weeklong trip and just wanted to spot close to the elevators. Hmm.

But a Volt can :rolleyes:

that's only if the Volt can even make it to the charger in the first place on it's pitiful 35 mile range :p lol

- - - Updated - - -

A variant of this I've seen. At a chargepoint station which costs money to use, the plug often isn't put back in the cradle. I believe people are doing this so that they can connect the plug without paying because they don't really start charging. Grrrr

not understanding this... can you explain ?