Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in Germany just 4.2 sec!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in Germany just 4.5 sec!

Hello everybody,

i finally testdrove the model s today in Germany. Its incredibly smooth ride and silence blew me away!
My friend on the passanger seat was also deeply impressed. It feels like you are driving on a magnet rail!

Here is the video link (its in german, but i think you can imagine what we are talkin about :)

Tesla Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in 4.5 sec - YouTube

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

i finally testdrove the model s today in Germany. Its incredibly smooth ride and silence blew me away!
My friend on the passanger seat was also deeply impressed. It feels like you are driving on a magnet rail!

Here is the video link (its in german, but i think you can imagine what we are talkin about :)

Tesla Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in 4.5 sec - YouTube

Nice. You should repost it without the music in the background maybe. Glad you finally got to drive it.

Nice. You should repost it without the music in the background maybe. Glad you finally got to drive it.

so you can hear the silence of the car?

Here is a pic of the test drive car. (its not me in the car) It wasnt a EU version. They brought it from munich store to Böblingen. At the event they had 3 Model S. And all the slots were full throughout the day. There was also huge interest from other people that were around. Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf :))

20130810_114841.jpg

more pics from the event:

20130810_113637.jpg
20130810_114630.jpg
20130810_114659.jpg

(mod note - rotated one of the images for you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf :))
Welcome to the party. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@yngwie_2012
While it's fresh in your mind, if you were to "nitpick" 3 things that you observed during your test drive (about the car itself) what would they be?

Welcome to the party. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@yngwie_2012
While it's fresh in your mind, if you were to "nitpick" 3 things that you observed during your test drive (about the car itself) what would they be?

hmmm...im thinkin since 5mins about your nitpick stuff but i cant think of :) ...
hmm...now i have one! the doors having no side storage is maybe a point i could pick.

But there is one big impression after the test drive that i have, which is i think overshadowing everything else. That is the incredible "Star Trek Warp Drive" similar driving feeling. It felt like you are driving on butter. Like a spaceship. And very very quiet.
Of course in the curves when u floor the gas pedal, the stability control hits in, which i think could me more aggrasive then it was on my test drive car. I dont know whether you can change the settings there but i can imagine when the AWD version comes out, the handling will be even better.

hmmm...im thinkin since 5mins about your nitpick stuff but i cant think of :) ...
hmm...now i have one! the doors having no side storage is maybe a point i could pick.
Thanks for the follow-up. Yah, there are definitely times when it would be handy to have clever concealed storage like was demo'd on the, I think, Fisker Atlantic.

- - - Updated - - -

But there is one big impression after the test drive that i have, which is i think overshadowing everything else. That is the incredible "Star Trek Warp Drive" similar driving feeling. It felt like you are driving on butter. Like a spaceship. And very very quiet.
I know exactly what you mean. (See my signature.)

so you can hear the silence of the car?

Here is a pic of the test drive car. (its not me in the car) It wasnt a EU version. They brought it from munich store to Böblingen. At the event they had 3 Model S. And all the slots were full throughout the day. There was also huge interest from other people that were around. Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf :))

Yeah! That's one of the cool things about the car. That and some people might not like the music as much and find it distracting from what is going on in the video. Anyway, looks like you had a great time.

Model S promotion right in Daimler Benz's backyard!

What's also amazing is the place where this promotional event took place.

Böblingen is right next to Sindelfingen. And Daimler Benz has a huge factory in Sindelfingen..

This is like having a Tesla Model S promotion in Detroit.

It's even better. The location in Böblingen is called Meilenwerk. It has a historic car exhibition, and dealerships for Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati. Next door is Ferrari, Harley Davidson, and Maserati. I was there too, on Thursday and Saturday. All the time some passers-by stopped to check out the Model S, while on their way to test-drive the latest, loudest, and smelliest ICE available further down the lot. Some were really freaked out by the seats in the 3rd row, or the mega touch screen!

attachment.php?attachmentid=27987&d=1376217936.jpg

several more ICE dealerships located in that glass cylinder building. The sleek grey chimney to the left belongs to the power plant of the Mercedes factory.
gebaeude.jpg

Ok, the acceleration is nice but I am going to need my German friends to step up to the plate here.

On every test drive I give I go way out of my way to either show or explain that the drive should consist of using BOTH pedals as aggressively as is safely possible. Sure, MS goes like stink but then so does a V12tt S Class. It is only when you stomp just as firmly on the brake pedal hard enough to hover on the ABS that one really gets a feel for just how well Tesla did their job. Follow that up with an in depth usage of the right pedal in single pedal driving and I defy anyone to not be simply amazed.

Now, consider that MS is these guy/gals first ground up car. WOW!