Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in Germany just 4.2 sec!

Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in Germany just 4.5 sec!

Hello everybody,

i finally testdrove the model s today in Germany. Its incredibly smooth ride and silence blew me away!
    My friend on the passanger seat was also deeply impressed. It feels like you are driving on a magnet rail!

Here is the video link (its in german, but i think you can imagine what we are talkin about

Tesla Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in 4.5 sec - YouTube
    Last edited by yngwie_2012; 2013-08-10 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Wrong time

Can't access the video.

apparently removed by user.

OK works fine now
    Last edited by Johann Koeber; 2013-08-10 at 11:12 AM. Reason: change of reality
    complete Tesla family: Roadster EU VIN 968 delivered July 31, 2012
    MSP EU SP VIN 29134 delivered March 21, 2014
    MX EU X P#85

Worked fine for me (US)
    Would much rater have seen it do top speed at the autobahn

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yngwie_2012 View Post
    Hello everybody,

i finally testdrove the model s today in Germany. Its incredibly smooth ride and silence blew me away!
    My friend on the passanger seat was also deeply impressed. It feels like you are driving on a magnet rail!

Here is the video link (its in german, but i think you can imagine what we are talkin about

Tesla Model S 0-100 km/h sprint in 4.5 sec - YouTube
    Nice. You should repost it without the music in the background maybe. Glad you finally got to drive it.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Nice. You should repost it without the music in the background maybe. Glad you finally got to drive it.
    so you can hear the silence of the car?

Here is a pic of the test drive car. (its not me in the car) It wasnt a EU version. They brought it from munich store to Böblingen. At the event they had 3 Model S. And all the slots were full throughout the day. There was also huge interest from other people that were around. Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf )

Name:  20130810_114841.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  3.13 MB

more pics from the event:

Name:  20130810_113637.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  533.6 KBName:  20130810_114630.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  2.34 MBName:  20130810_114659.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  2.54 MB

(mod note - rotated one of the images for you.)
    Last edited by Doug_G; 2013-08-11 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Rotated one of the images so it isn't sideways

Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf )
    Welcome to the party.

- - - Updated - - -

@yngwie_2012
    While it's fresh in your mind, if you were to "nitpick" 3 things that you observed during your test drive (about the car itself) what would they be?
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Welcome to the party.

- - - Updated - - -

@yngwie_2012
    While it's fresh in your mind, if you were to "nitpick" 3 things that you observed during your test drive (about the car itself) what would they be?
    hmmm...im thinkin since 5mins about your nitpick stuff but i cant think of ...
    hmm...now i have one! the doors having no side storage is maybe a point i could pick.

But there is one big impression after the test drive that i have, which is i think overshadowing everything else. That is the incredible "Star Trek Warp Drive" similar driving feeling. It felt like you are driving on butter. Like a spaceship. And very very quiet.
    Of course in the curves when u floor the gas pedal, the stability control hits in, which i think could me more aggrasive then it was on my test drive car. I dont know whether you can change the settings there but i can imagine when the AWD version comes out, the handling will be even better.

hmmm...im thinkin since 5mins about your nitpick stuff but i cant think of ...
    hmm...now i have one! the doors having no side storage is maybe a point i could pick.
    Thanks for the follow-up. Yah, there are definitely times when it would be handy to have clever concealed storage like was demo'd on the, I think, Fisker Atlantic.

- - - Updated - - -

But there is one big impression after the test drive that i have, which is i think overshadowing everything else. That is the incredible "Star Trek Warp Drive" similar driving feeling. It felt like you are driving on butter. Like a spaceship. And very very quiet.
    I know exactly what you mean. (See my signature.)
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    so you can hear the silence of the car?

Here is a pic of the test drive car. (its not me in the car) It wasnt a EU version. They brought it from munich store to Böblingen. At the event they had 3 Model S. And all the slots were full throughout the day. There was also huge interest from other people that were around. Besides, as i was driving around with the model s, many people in other cars were staring at us because in every start in traffic light i let them see the 600 Nm torque. Then when i stopped at the next traffic light and the ones behind me came they had their jaws dropped and were looking at us like wtf )
    Yeah! That's one of the cool things about the car. That and some people might not like the music as much and find it distracting from what is going on in the video. Anyway, looks like you had a great time.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information