Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad seal in little window triangles in front doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was the first issue I had with my MS. I also had the infamous pano creak. Called Tesla, they put my car on a flatbed and took it to the nearest SC (150 miles away) and fixed both problems in a day and dropped the car back off. It's a relatively easy fix.

Has anybody experienced noise coming from those little triangles in the front part of the door windows? The seal is not good enough and air filters in at higher speeds. Is there a way to fix it?

Just noticed this the other day when I was driving around with no music playing. Will mark this for service to look at next time I have the car looked at.

We went on our first road trip this weekend & anytime going over 65mph we heard severe air leaks in the Pano seal & passenger side window down by the "triangle", noise got really bad over 80mph :biggrin:, I just washed the car & noticed some water intrusion in the triangle seals, its a good thing I had already called my service center & made an appointment to have the seals checked.

Last edited:
Has anybody experienced noise coming from those little triangles in the front part of the door windows? The seal is not good enough and air filters in at higher speeds. Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, when the car was new in March. I even got a little trickle of water inside from a car wash at that point on the driver's side. I never did anything about it and it seems to have gone away. I wonder if the warmer weather has anything to do with it (it was still below freezing when I got my car).

When the Tesla Rangers come...

Bad-Week-to-Be-a-Seal.jpg

The air leak around the small triangle windows has been around and discussed for a long time. Mine was fixed several months ago. There is a factory fix. Basically installing a washer in the big window roll up mechanism that acts as a snugging shim.

Yes, I have this problem too, at least on the driver's side. I can feel air coming in if I put my hand there while traveling at highway speeds. I'm hoping to get it fixed when I take the car in next week for an alignment.

I have this problem as well on the driver's side, it is very drafty but on the passenger side, you can actually see the water line go into the black "sealed" part on the top of the triangle when it's rainy outside (which it has been this entire week). Being that it's getting close to the holidays, how long did it take them to fix your cars so I know how long I will be with a loaner?