Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Autosalon is currently looking for a Model S in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

This is Robert the owner of EV Autosalon in Las Vegas. I am currently developing a carbon fiber spoiler for the Model S and I need someone's help. It was either buy the S or start a business and I choose the latter. This leaves me without a car to develop parts on. I am currently looking for an owner of a Model S(without the OEM spoiler) in SoCal that would be willing to have the the rear trunk laser scanned.

No physical arm or attachment will be placed on the car. The tool will be a hand held laser scanner . The paint may be subjected to some talcum powder and/or little black targets in order to achieve a better point cloud. Total time with the car should not be more then half a day. Compensation will be discussed with the willing.

For quality purposes I am creating a aluminum mold for best fit and finish. This requires me to scan the rear of the car to achieve the level of quality my customers will soon come to expect.

With the recent raise in price of the OEM Tesla spoiler I want to give Model S owners another choice when choosing aesthetic features for their S without sacrificing quality.

Please either contact me via PM or visit EVAutosalon.com and use the contact section.

Full renderings of the spoiler are currently on the website.

Thank you,
Robert

Thanks Steve & AMPd, I'm shooting for a Q4 release. Once I have a locked in price from my manufacture(USA) I will start taking deposits on the spoiler. I will update the website and the EV Autosalon Facebook with the process of the spoiler. I'm striving towards OEM fit and finish so it will take a little longer to produce the first batch. After this first spoiler design I have a lot of ideas to help people tastefully customize their S. My hope is that the spoiler will be a big hit so my cash flow will allow me to lock in a shop Model S and that's when the real magic will start.

I can do it. Let me know where and when.

Thanks Steve & AMPd, I'm shooting for a Q4 release. Once I have a locked in price from my manufacture(USA) I will start taking deposits on the spoiler. I will update the website and the EV Autosalon Facebook with the process of the spoiler. I'm striving towards OEM fit and finish so it will take a little longer to produce the first batch. After this first spoiler design I have a lot of ideas to help people tastefully customize their S. My hope is that the spoiler will be a big hit so my cash flow will allow me to lock in a shop Model S and that's when the real magic will start.

I really do hope the price will be reasonable. Before the huge price hike (it still seems ludicrous of Tesla to charge $1500 for just a spoiler even if its carbon fibre). I would note that used ones here were selling for $600 before the hike.

If they offer non-carbon fibre options it would really bring the price down (eg unpainted, or a selection of color matched nonCF spoilers). Certainly I've seen scores of third party spoilers ranging from $60-$200.

I really do hope the price will be reasonable. Before the huge price hike (it still seems ludicrous of Tesla to charge $1500 for just a spoiler even if its carbon fibre). I would note that used ones here were selling for $600 before the hike.

If they offer non-carbon fibre options it would really bring the price down (eg unpainted, or a selection of color matched nonCF spoilers). Certainly I've seen scores of third party spoilers ranging from $60-$200.

Hey Steve you're correct, $1500 is a tall order for a spoiler. While some carbon fiber spoilers are priced in that low price bracket there is a reason, Quality. The EV Autosalon spoiler for the Model S will have OEM fit and finish. It will be made using a aluminum mold and prepreg carbon fiber all the while being manufactured in the USA which adds to manufacturing cost. Once I have a hard cost for production I will set up a group buy/pre-order post with a to your door price.

I wanted to thank the California section of TMC for having a community of great Model S owners. A few people contacted me which enabled me to get the rear end of the Model S scanned for the CF spoiler I am creating. Keep an eye out in the parts for sale section. Once I lock in the final shape with my prototype the first batch will be available for pre-order at an introductory price. I want to personally thank this Model S's owner for coming through on short notice and making his car available. I will let him decided whether he wants to make himself known or not.

IMG_1966.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG

Hello everyone,

I did not realize the thread was moved to the for sale area. Well the good news is that the prototype is setup to be milled next week. Final shaping and fitting will be done the week after. I am trying to procure a Model S right now for parts development. I have around 24 products I want to bring to market and they will be carried on the back of this spoiler. I can't wait to bring my ideas to the Model S community. I want to let everyone know that is will be a complete US made product, designed and manufactured.

Thanks, keep an eye out.